Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I've been more quiet than usual lately, as I've been busy. I just closed on 9/30 on my first house...

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/9320-Jetty-Ct-NW_Albuquerque_NM_87121_M21411-78730

I'll be moving in soon, the previous owner needed a couple weeks to get everything ready. He's dealing with the military to get everything moved. In the mean time, I've been running around online and in town, finding good deals for furniture. I've never had to furnish a whole house before. I'll finally have a garage for my Opel and a better place to do some engineering work. I haven't forgot about the vents, I'll have an office setup to do 3D scanning as I don't really have enough room right now to do it on a desk. Then it will just be a matter of turning it on and opening up the software, how nice that will be!

·
Über Genius
8,966 Posts
Congratulations!!

I've been looking myself. I had a place I was going for but someone else seems to have beaten my offer. I'm just a teensy hopeful their deal will fall through.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Congratulations indeed! A first house is a major achievement! Good luck with the move in and settling and get ready to enjoy a bit more independence.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Nothing like having your own place, congratulations, My shop is a real mess, but then again it's mine so who cares? One thing you will find out is people are giving away perfectly good furniture, because they got some new stuff. The old stuff is not bad and it saves a lot of money.

Well now you have a place for the Opel, and that's probably the most important thing.

Bob

·
Registered
898 Posts
Congratulations. A garage, a bar, a hot tub, and the silhouettes are priceless! Is that the lasso of truth? Very nice house.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I was going to warn you that now that you have bought a home you won't have time to work on your Opel, but you don't even have a lawn to mow. Just remember oil stains are hard to get out. Congratulations and have fun.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,402 Posts
Some potty humor.....

You'll find yourself strangely attracted to advertising of stuff that you never gave two schitts about just a few months ago. Like a solar-powered septic tank pump with WiFi and camera that you can monitor from your phone. After a few months, now that your mom isn't cleaning it anymore, you'll start seriously looking into flushless gas-powered turd-vaporing toilets. On the plus side, now you can take a tinkle anywhere on your property without guilt.

:veryhappy

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
340 Posts
Congratulations on the new house. I still have the milk crates left over from college days. Don't abandon your roots for a flushless gas-powered turd-vaporing toilet.

·
RunOpel
1,253 Posts
That is a very nice home, congratulations. More importantly, you have a covered place to park your Opel.
Dan

Reactions: Autoholic

·
Senior Contributor
4,977 Posts
Nice Lady in the back yard :yup:. Congrats on the new house.

·
Pedal Smasher
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to it.

Besides my bedroom, I've picked up a lot of furniture for a lot less than it would cost brand new. Facebook marketplace has been pretty good. My bedroom, I just bought all new from Wayfair. It was worth it for the bedroom. The rest of the house will be carefully pieced together, looking for good bargains on new or used stuff.

The office, which will be the army green bedroom, will have a futon or something in it. So, it's possible to have an Opel guest from out of town. Eventually the garage will be to work on the Opel, so any Opel passing through could get some help if needed.

And ya, I already look at home improvement projects with excitement. Doing some custom wood work would be fun. Maybe with some colored resin accents, replace the cabinets with something really cool.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Congrats

Cool first place. Glad for you.

At least you don't have to buy a lawn mower.

It will fill up fast (not the house, the garage!!)

·
Pedal Smasher
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I eventually want to replace the gravel section of the backyard with grass. But, it's not that big of an area to keep up. You could mow it in 10 minutes. In NM, stuff doesn't grow on crack 24/7/365. You don't need to mow like every other day. What's on crack are the locals.

·
Pedal Smasher
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This past Saturday I finally got the GT moved to the garage from where it had been sitting. So glad to have it in a garage now. The shelves were there from prior owners, pretty happy about that. After I sort through stuff and organize, those shelves will be used A LOT during the restoration.

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Joseph, Congrats on finding such a nice house ! Not at all a fixer-upper. I like the colorful walls.

Your GT seems right at home too. Maybe it won't be long before you are driving it regularly.

·
Pedal Smasher
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The walls are like nothing I've ever felt before. They are finished in some sort of plaster that is super soft / smooth, like glass or ceramic. Most walls the plaster grips you, like the walls in the bedrooms. But the peach colored walls, are slippery.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Nothing like having your own place, congratulations, My shop is a real mess, but then again it's mine so who cares? One thing you will find out is people are giving away perfectly good furniture, because they got some new stuff. The old stuff is not bad and it saves a lot of money.

Well now you have a place for the Opel, and that's probably the most important thing.

Bob
I second that, congratulations and hold on. Naw the greatest thing is the new house!!!:yup: Hope you, enjoy it. Jarrell:cool3:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Very nice, congratulations! Smooth walls without texture are sort of rare these days but look great. Looks like a great house!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Congratulations on your new to you home and awesome looken garage!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts