Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
TIMBO as for your printer mine goes out on it's own for no reason at all at times I have an HP 8700 series so far the only thing that allows it to communicate again with my computer is running the HP print and scan doctor if all else fails after that I pull the plug to the printer for 10 mins or so and reboot it.
I updated firmware via wireless so I know that part worked. Printer status reported to the computer. Copied. Printed color photos from a usb drive. Reloaded drivers so I could use LAN. Send a document and the computer would hand it off. The display would light up on the printer. I just didn't get the "data received" message and it never printed. The Brother diagnostics would detect something but basically told you to call for help. About the time it stopped working, the ink ran down and that is why I thought it had stopped. I bought after-market ink for the first time. When I installed the ink it wouldn't print. Later experiments showed the printer worked, new ink looked nice on the photos I printed, so I don't think it was the printer rejecting the new ink. I was going to buy a new one but the one I wanted is back ordered. And then the day after we got the goldfish, I hit print for some reason and the display lit up and "data received" was displayed and it has worked since. Of course it has nothing to do with the goldfish, but dam that saved me $300. The printer is ten years old and really hasn't had any problems except for costly ink. The new ink, four cartridges of each color, so 16 for the cost of one color cartridge and black was twice the cost of the color cartridges. So all is well, at least for a little while.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Gordon, Your retirement / pension has forced the USPO to institute severe cost saving measures.
According to some News reports the Post Office won't guarantee that mail-in ballots will be delivered on time.
Will our BLITZ be jammed and shredded in some unmaintained sorting machine ?
......Is this the beginning of the end of civilization ? ?

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yup, the end of the USA as we knew it. Trump has recentlty replaced the Board of Governors and the Postmaster General with Trumpites just in time for him to start disputing the election and mail-in ballots before it has even happened. You can bet they'll do everything in their power to totally screw up the PO before the election. I never saw such lack of planning, coordination, accountability, etc. in my whole 30 years there as I saw over the past year. The new Postmaster G started closing plants after only 2 weeks on the job. Trumpy wanted us to raise the prices of package mail for all Americans just so that he could stick it to Jeff Bezos a little because we handle a little Amazon mail.

Yeah, I'm glad I got out of there when I did.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts