Opel GT Forum banner
361 - 363 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I picked up a kit or ( assorted size) grommet box from H.F. that worked fine and if you find some that are a little to big in diameter just cut out what is not needed and it should work fine

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
1,052 Posts
Hooray! I installed my nice silver front suspension, routed and connected my front brake lines, and put the front wheels back on for the first time in 5 months. Yeah, you can see all the places in the engine compartment that the crappy Maaco missed when they painted it. I'll see of I can fix some of those missed spots with spray paint. I still need to put some grommets in the wheel wells and the radiator wall where the lines pass through. Not the nicest car, but it was a disaster when I got it. At least it's rust free.

Now I can get it off my lift and roll it around, so can put my red car on the lift and install my 2 injector twin throttle body FI system on it. The next project for this yellow car is to begin the wiring operation. That won't happen until the temps outside get a lot cooler.

View attachment 446388

View attachment 446389

View attachment 446390

View attachment 446391

View attachment 446392

View attachment 446393

View attachment 446394

View attachment 446395

View attachment 446396
"Yeah, you can see all the places in the engine compartment that the crappy Maaco missed when they painted it. I'll see of I can fix some of those missed spots with spray paint. "

Hey Gordon, just a thought, I had some brake fluid damage under the hood, under the master cylinder and on the belly pan again under the master cylinder - I used the same paint as used to paint the car but brushed in on and because of the location, it not only covered the damage really well but you cannot tell that it was brushed which I am sure is due in part to the distance you are viewing this area from and the lack of lighting in that area or in other words, as we all know, don't try brushing something that others can really see. But this worked well and I believe will be easier than spraying. This will also be easier to apply to those areas that are not visable but could use the added protection. Your project is moving along, especially compared to most, at lighting speed. As always looking forward to not only your progress but the finished product as well.
Best, Carl

361 - 363 of 363 Posts