Opel GT Forum banner
241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Well after reading this, I must it makes sense not to mud it in. Hadn't ever thought about tear off only takes a bit, not a lot if it was muded.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Woop! Woop! My car gets painted tomorrow!

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

The bottom of my Lenk hood looked terrible. The PO I bought it from over a decade ago had slathered fiberglass "hair" all over everything when he swapped the oem reinforcement metal over to it. Stiffest GT hood you've ever seen. I asked the guy to just "try" to make it look better and close up some gaps. He went wild!:

Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

What it looked like before:

Automotive lighting Hood Light Grille Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Detritus Maximus
3,206 Posts
How is anyone supposed to know you have a lightweight fiberglass hood if they can't see the fibers? It's not like it's carbon fiber...

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
I've started a number of threads about this car, dating back to when it was a gullwing, then the rehab to turn it back into a normal GT, then getting the kit installed, the dash build, etc. My car build threads tend to get very lengthy, which makes them tough to search through, so, when the car comes back from the shop all fixed up, painted, and ready to build, I'll start a new thread called "Gordo's Banana: The Build Begins".

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I've started a number of threads about this car, dating back to when it was a gullwing, then the rehab to turn it back into a normal GT, then getting the kit installed, the dash build, etc. My car build threads tend to get very lengthy, which makes them tough to search through, so, when the car comes back from the shop all fixed up, painted, and ready to build, I'll start a new thread called "Gordo's Banana: The Build Begins".
Perfecto Gordon,
Should I be as excited about this as I am ?
It's like a series I'm watching and can't get enough.
It's bringing a whole new meaning to binge watching :whistle:

241 - 249 of 249 Posts