Opel GT Forum banner

881 - 900 of 925 Posts

·
Über Genius
8,874 Posts
I think the 2.2/2.4 cover is supposed to have brillo pads.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #883
I was only able to attend 2 cars shows this year with my GTX car, at one I won the whole show and 2 weeks later I limped my car the 3 blocks to my home town car, sputtering and stalling the whole way...........and got a trophy. That was back in May and I haven't been able to go to one since then. Normally I go to 20 car shows a year. I'm waiting for parts to finish my engine redo with Opel FI and I was bored, so I took my Opelized Pontiac Solstice "New Opel GT Coupe Concept Car Replica"(my concept) to my favorite show. No trophy, but I was parked next to a really nice Studebaker Hawk and there was a nice Ferrari there.

IMG_1839.jpg IMG_1840.jpg IMG_1838.jpg IMG_1837.jpg

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #885
TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT! This is my Lady of the Night cactus(Epyphillium Somethingorother). It grows along the edges of rain forests or shaded areas in Mexico. Technically it's a cactus or succulent, but it's what I call a "wet cactus". It will die if you give it full sun or plant it in the desert. It needs to be in just the right amount of very partial sunshine or dappled shade to do it's blooming thing. The special thing about it is that it only blooms at night for one day. The next day the flowers will all be hanging dead like old gym socks. Rich people in Victorian times used to have "blooming parties" with men in tux's and ladies in gowns gathering in their conservatories to see them bloom. Each bud you see in the pics is about the size of your fist and there are about 16 of them getting ready to "pop". Around 10-12 midnight tonight the flowers will open all the way and each flower will have a hundred white spiky petals.

Lady of the Night cactus blooming (1).jpg Lady of the Night cactus blooming (2).jpg Lady of the Night cactus blooming (3).jpg

·
Registered
1,808 Posts

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #888
Cactii, in general, all have flowers of that general type and they often tend to be almost as large as the cactus itself. And most bloom best at night. Cactii flowers are mostly fertilized at night by moths.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #890
Ha! I was just thinking today that I should make an Opel GT bird house. Would make a crappy birdhouse. Or a birdy craphouse. At least they could poop on their own GT instead of mine.

I think Gary actually has made an Opel greenhouse. He's got a lovely picture of poison ivy growing inside one of his Opels. Gary grows weird stuff.

:ugh:

·
Administrator
10,005 Posts
Ha! I was just thinking today that I should make an Opel GT bird house. Would make a crappy birdhouse. Or a birdy craphouse. At least they could poop on their own GT instead of mine.

I think Gary actually has made an Opel greenhouse. He's got a lovely picture of poison ivy growing inside one of his Opels. Gary grows weird stuff.

:ugh:
Actually, they were trees.

Attachments

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #895
I am at work and can not give you links at this time.

There are 2 YouTube locations: "The Scifi Guy" and "The Scifi Guy Videos". Check each of those.

Type in the Search box: "Opel GT with WILD LED...." and the video in the snow with the LED lights and music should come up.

:veryhappy

4,231 Posts
I am at work and can not give you links at this time.

There are 2 YouTube locations: "The Scifi Guy" and "The Scifi Guy Videos". Check each of those.

Type in the Search box: "Opel GT with WILD LED...." and the video in the snow with the LED lights and music should come up.

:veryhappy
Thanks Gordon
I show it my friends here as New Year Party video.Also the drive in the snow.
I remember with pleasure all the ways arround your home.:veryhappy

Happy New Year
Gordon

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #897
Uggggggg!

That drive in the snow was horrible! No traction. Not at all like I remember a GT driving in the snow. I was always able to drive around pretty good in the snow in my previous GT's. I think the 2.5, too high compression, engine had too much torque for such a light car in the snow. My normal power GT's drove better in the snow.

:sigh:

4,231 Posts
Uggggggg!

That drive in the snow was horrible! No traction. Not at all like I remember a GT driving in the snow. I was always able to drive around pretty good in the snow in my previous GT's. I think the 2.5, too high compression, engine had too much torque for such a light car in the snow. My normal power GT's drove better in the snow.

:sigh:
Gordon
Also Doc Brown must learn the Timemachine!:haha:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Uggggggg!

:sigh:[/QUOTE
I found that video yesterday Gordo Hilarious my friend
I also enjoyed the tunes

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT! This is my Lady of the Night cactus(Epyphillium Somethingorother). It grows along the edges of rain forests or shaded areas in Mexico. Technically it's a cactus or succulent, but it's what I call a "wet cactus". It will die if you give it full sun or plant it in the desert. It needs to be in just the right amount of very partial sunshine or dappled shade to do it's blooming thing. The special thing about it is that it only blooms at night for one day. The next day the flowers will all be hanging dead like old gym socks. Rich people in Victorian times used to have "blooming parties" with men in tux's and ladies in gowns gathering in their conservatories to see them bloom. Each bud you see in the pics is about the size of your fist and there are about 16 of them getting ready to "pop". Around 10-12 midnight tonight the flowers will open all the way and each flower will have a hundred white spiky petals.

View attachment 388161 View attachment 388163 View attachment 388165
Pretty COOL Gordo,
I grow dancing ladies and monkey cups
among other stuff Had 720 sq ft of garden going for a while

881 - 900 of 925 Posts