Opel GT Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Über Genius
9,018 Posts
Can't title a car in Oregon unless you have the car at the DMV. I've got a GT that I've had for 3 or 4 years, still has a Washington title.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,313 Posts
We use a Subaru Kei dump truck on our farm. Don't know how we ever got buy without it.
Harold
Yeah, my wife wants a little Mitsubishi just like Bubbles on Trailer Park Boys.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Can't title a car in Oregon unless you have the car at the DMV. I've got a GT that I've had for 3 or 4 years, still has a Washington title.
That's crazy. That means you have to drive a car that isn't legally yours, you don't have insurance for, and isn't registered in your name. Or you have to have the previous owner do it.

·
Über Genius
9,018 Posts
You are supposed to get a trip permit to take it to DMV. I never do.
Timbo is correct. I can't drive it to DMV because I'm too stubborn to put a carb on it when I'm set on Fuel Injection.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's crazy. That means you have to drive a car that isn't legally yours, you don't have insurance for, and isn't registered in your name. Or you have to have the previous owner do it.
Or you can trailer it. I drove my GT with no brakes to DMV when I brought it to Oregon, but it's only about 1/2 mile from my house. Since it was out of state they needed to verify the VIN.

·
Opeler
106 Posts
Colorado has a similar restriction, to title an out of state car, a VIN verification must be completed. To do that, the car has to be present in Colorado.
Luckily, I live in a small town and the local PD will do VIN verification's for free for town residents. They will even do house calls! I haven't tried this yet but plan to do it for my recently acquired '75 1900. Instead of trailering to the PD for inspection, i can make an appointment and they will come to my house. Can't ask for an easier process than that!

81 - 89 of 89 Posts