Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
1,052 Posts
I just obtained my first Opel - this 1900 “Sport Coupe” (aka Manta). I bought it from a gentleman that had owned if for over 22 years and he said he has had over twenty five Mantas over the years. It needs some help from being in long term storage but is really solid and I haven’t been able to find any corrosion on it. It’s a forty footer, the paint isn’t very nice and has cracks all over. For what it’s worth it has a Rallye badge on the trunk. There are a number of unfortunate personal modifications on the car, although some I can understand such as the 14” BMW bottle cap wheels and others that are a matter of taste not to my liking. The interior is very functional but not stock, it has homemade vinyl door panels and Chevy S-10 front seats. The engine is unmodified except for a wacky electronic ignition system. And issues with the gauges. I’ll be checking it out more.
I know everyone likes pictures... and I know it's not a '72 dash cover...

View attachment 446228

View attachment 446229

View attachment 446230

View attachment 446231

View attachment 446232

View attachment 446233
Nitromancer, Congratulations on the purchase of your first Opel and it looks like a nice one. Best Wishes with getting you hands dirty as you begin to solve those issues that tend to come up with a 50 year old car. Looking forward to seeing your progress and hearing all about it. Best, Carl

1 - 1 of 1 Posts