Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement and support.
super cool you figured out the tack!
Yes this car is a bit of a mash-up or a bitsa: a little bit from this car a few bits from that car… but it runs & shifts well and has new tires too.
I’m in Waterford, Michigan.
I hope I can arrange to be away for Springfield, it’s about 475 miles and just not sure how much risk taking the Opel would be.
Are they still doing the Woodword Avenue Dream Cruise out there? That used to be quite the event when we were living in Troy. I was the only Opel GT in site but I remember hundreds of classic cars in mint condition from all over the country. It was a good little boost to the economy down that 10 mile stretch or however long it was. Every summer. I’ve never seen anything like it since.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Yes the Woodward Dream Cruise is just a few weeks away. Because of Covid I haven’t gone since I moved back here & for ten years before that I was in Tennessee.
The actual cruise on Saturday is huge and the weekdays before there’s a lot of cars out too.
I have to see if I can spot any other Opel 1900 sport coupes.
Good to hear, I actually enjoyed the two weeks prior going up & down Woodward more than the actual event itself. Just a spectacular event! My GT was the beater in the bunch. Okay my intention wasn’t to hijack here but thanks for the update. I hope you can make it down there and spot another Opel !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts