Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
According to the description it appears to be an import. It doesn't have the rear side markers. It has turnsignals on the fender near the door and it has the driving lights where the U.S. models have turnsignals. It also has clear front side marker lights. It might also be a rear flat panel. It also has '75 wheels on it.

Very rare car in the U.S.

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
I talked with the owner's wife on this GT back in November of last year, The car is in Grand Prairie located between Dallas and Fort Worth near to "Ripley's Belive It or Not". The car was Originally owned by an American Service man, bought in Germany taken to Italy where they bought it. The interior was redone in Italian Leather while they where there and repainted. He worked with an oil company I believe or something like that. The rear window has been out for several years due to a hail storm. They had been unable to find a replacement for it. At that time they did not even know if it would run, the reason they were selling it was they where in the process of liquidating everything to retire and move to Porta Rico. It is not to far from the job that I am working on for the next week or so. I just never got the chance to get by and check it out. But looking at the pictures on e-bay it is not rust free the rear quartes are rusted pretty bad.
rk

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
If someone here wins it, I have rear glass for a GT. Tinted and NonTinted but none with rear-defog. Let me know.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts