Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great AutoFair News!

We had a great turnout at the Spring 2005 AutoFair in Charlotte, NC on Saturday, April 9th. The weather tured out beautiful and simply could not ask for any better weather.
Opel owners from North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia attended the show. Dinner was held at Roy Bell's home on Friday night and we had rib-eye steaks and baked potatoes along with their choice of beverage!
On Saturday, we all met at a mall near the race track and drove in-line over to the show area. That was a neat thing to see. It's not too often you see that many Opel's driving down the road together, especially in North Carolina!.
We had a prime location at this year's AutoFair. Thousand's of people saw our cars with a few joining the club because they had an Opel and didn't realize there was a club in the southeastern US!
Awards were given to Dallas Mize for "Best In Show, Brian Quick for "Second Place" and "Honorable Mention" went to Nathan Maloy. Since Dallas Mize won the "Best In Show" with his beautiful yellow GT, he was entered into the overall "Best In Show" on Sunday for the entire AutoFair showfield, which included 54 car clubs and over 3,000 cars. CONGRATULAIONS to Dallas Mize for winning the "Best In Show" for the 2005 Spring AutoFair! This has brought a great deal of exposure to our Opel's in this part of the country. The AutoFair is the largest car show in the southeastern United States each year so this is an honor for Dallas, the Carolina Opel Club and the OANA! The press release for the AutoFair is at the following address: http://www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/news_photos/news/471343.html
Although the Caroina Opel club is the "host" club for the event for the Opel's, it is open to everyone who would like to show their Opel's. The next AutoFair will be in the Fall on September 15th thru the 18th. The show day will be September 17th. So put this on your calander's if you wish to attend!

·
Super Moderator
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures Posted

I meant to add that there have been pictures added to the Photo Section of the Carolina opel Club. Just go to "Opel Photo Gallery", "Event Photos" and then to "Carolina Opel Club". As of this post, they have not been posted yet but should be posted soon.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
It is 11:15 Sun night, I just got home from NC and I am still pumped up from all the excitement. I can not believe I won the Overall Best of show. Who would have ever thought that an Opel would have been picked, over all the cars that were there including some that were worth well over $100K!
Thanks to Roy (Ooooner) and the Carolina Opel Club for inviting me. I had a great time and Roy can cook a mean steak! I will be back.
Like I have said before. I can't take all the credit for this car. Keith built it and did a wonderful job... all I did was dress her up for the show. The article on the Lowes site is not exact, but you get the idea.
Thanks again to all that was a part of this Opel victory and let's do it again sometime!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Cool!!,

Dallas that is the best thing I heard all weekend!!:)
I went to the Atlanta new car show on saturday and talk to some folks there. One of them was the owner of an AMC Black Lancer (I think) and he said he saw your car at the Marietta car show and was very impressed with the car "It has Very Classy lines". :D

All the work you did in lower the car was worth it!!

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Thanks again Roy for getting us into the infield. Now maybe we'll get a little respect. Congratulations Dallas, and Keith. Jarrell

·
Super Moderator
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jarrell,
The only thing I did was give the guys a call at the track and asked them to place us where we could get much more exposure. It will be on a rotating basis so we may end up in other places around the track each time but you can bet that I am going to be speaking to the track officials and ask them to let us stay where we were. An Opel winning the whole thing may help keep us in a better place.
This can only help the Opel clubs across the country and especially our Carolina Opel Club. This event is getting better and better and is a great way to start the new summer season off right!
Thanks for coming Jarrell. Let me know when there is a show up in your area and I will try to attend.

·
392 Posts
I'm not surprized that Dallas took top honors. The workmanship by Keith was superb. As good or better then all those car shows on TV.
And Roy, what can I say. primo spot perfect for all the traffic we experianced. Such exposure. Now in September if we can get more people out who knows what may happen!!

Mike

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Mike Preble said:
And Roy,what can I say. primo spot perfect for all the traffic we experianced. Such exposure. Now in September if we can get more people out who knows what may happen!!
Mike
I must agree with you Mike. It was a primo spot for all the traffic. And on a plus note, Roy, living right there, can bail us out. ;) :D Jarrell

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,509 Posts
Congratulations!

Congratulations Dallas! You have a great car, and really earned the honors. An Opel winning Best Of Show in the mother land of the V8 is more than everybody would have dreamed of! Old Adam Opel surely must be proud of you (so are all Opelers)!

Dieter

·
Super Moderator
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dallas,
I suspect you will be buzzing all summer about this. I also suspect you now have a real bad case of the sickness called Opel Fever. There is no known cure for this disease. May God help you.... The only help is to attend more shows, especially the AutoFair! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congratulations Dallas!! What a rush that must have been! Wish I'd been able to make that trip... .
Have to say that I was impressed with all of the Opels in the photos. That was one hell of a lineup. The Carolina Club and all other comers sure made a great showing. That'll teach everbody out there not to discount the power of the Opel. :D

·
Greenopelgt
350 Posts
Way to go Carolina Opelers!!!!!l

WOW!!!!! I and lots of other Opelers from here in Cincinnati and around the world are sooooooooooo..... proud of you guys and gals. To participate in a car show as large and as diversified as the AutoFair and to be in the club that had the "Best of Show" has to be a thrill of a lifetime. The "Spyder" is awesome and reflects the personality of what any Opel can become with some TLC and some discretionary cash. I hope to join you folks in September for the next AutoFair in Charlotte. Again, the Opelers who attended represented all of us very well and we are proud of each and every one of you. I hope to see as many of you in Carlisle.

Tom Adkins
Cincinnati, Ohio :) :cool: :)

·
Super Moderator
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tom, Just let me know and I will put you on the list for passes and a spot at the next AutoFair in September. I'll see you at Carlisle in about a month! Anyone who is interested, just contact me!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.