Opel GT Forum banner

Do you want to buy a set of NEW CIH Head Bolts?

• Yes, five sets or more of ten please (I'll contact to confirm number)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CIH-Six Owners: Yes, one set of 14 please

• CIH-Six Owners: Yes, two sets of 14 please

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,875 Posts
I'm up for 4 sets.

Bob

·
392 Posts
JMTCW
Why don't we set up a date to come up with a final number. Contact the seller and see what kind of group buy price we can come up with and put a deadline on payment + shipping cost to the States. Then we can get our money to a designated "volunteer" and get this show on the road. I am not in a great hurry for the bolts but at least I can have a date to work with. I know that if I don't have some timeline then I put things on the back burner and they become less important.
Thanks, Mike

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Mike Preble said:
JMTCW
Why don't we set up a date to come up with a final number. Contact the seller and see what kind of group buy price we can come up with and put a deadline on payment + shipping cost to the States. Then we can get our money to a designated "volunteer" and get this show on the road. I am not in a great hurry for the bolts but at least I can have a date to work with. I know that if I don't have some timeline then I put things on the back burner and they become less important.
Thanks, Mike
That is pretty much what I had in mind. The poll is set to close on July 22 (two weeks from now), so I was going to try to confirm things by then. The vendor said he would get back to me on a bulk order early next week, but I was to suggest some shipping options for him to investigate. I recall baz saying in an earlier thread that there was a cheaper way to ship out of the UK, which I believe involved the Post Office, so it will take a few weeks to get over the pond. But I think most folks just would like to have a set "handy", so a month shouldn't matter too much. But if it does, it might be best to buy them directly and have them couriered or some such thing
dmillett said:
I would like a set.
Dwight
72GT said:
I would like 2 sets.
Please fill in your order using the "poll" choices above.

Thanks!

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
keith the folks i use are called
http://www.parcel2go.com
and they do about half the cost of anything i have found so far ,door to door
heck they just did 3 days to jim in new zealand so they cant be bad :D
if the group buy goes ahead and you can not get the guy to ship direct get him to send to me and i will forward them on (2 weeks time will have a delay due to our wedding[me and mary not you and me :eek: ] but not by much)

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
To make it easier for me to track what folks want, please fill in your order using the "poll" choices above. Note the subtle use of font size and the bold function to get my message across!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
CIH Bolts

I 'd like a set also ...Thanks....Craig
ps I tried to "vote" but had trouble doing so

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Mucho!

By my reconing 96 X 14 = 1344 divide by 10 gives 134.4 sets for 4-cyl available...... There are over 50 sets already spoken for - HURRY!!

Just recieved a set of Ford CVH Hydraulic lifters from "cozieboys" - they ship fast. Hope to have my head bolts by the weeks end as I did a "Buy Now"
No price break - but hey! GBP15 for a set of 14 is pretty good anyway.

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
GTJIM said:
3.0 CIH six cylinder motors use up a complete set Keith ......... MONZA!!
Ah yes, I forgot about the Monza. Hmm, 4 times 14 equals 56. Minus 14 (for the Monza) equals 42. Divided by 10 equals....4.2! So, enough for four engines, and one each of the long and short bolts left over as spares.

I will be conversing with the vendor in a couple of days, and it seems we are up to 50 (FIFTY!!!) sets of ten. I hope he really has the 100 sets he claims to have.

I looked into the shipping site that baz recommended, and they seem pretty reasonable (they are a DHL agent). Based on a quick estimate of 2 kg (4.4 pounds) a set boxed up, the shipping cost from the UK to Canada should be about $6 USD a set, if I can get all 50 sets sent at once.

A quick review of Canada Post shipping to the USA is another matter. It seems that this size and weight of package is best sent "Expedited Parcel", which is via ground, and takes 10 business days (but count on up to three weeks). The smallest package I can send costs $14.10 CAD ($11.40 USD) for one set. Two sets would be about $18 CAD ($14.50 USD). Three are $22 CAD ($18 USD). Four are $26 CAD ($21 USD). So it would seem that the prices will be approximately (based on $20 per set to purchase, and the above shipping costs):

One set: $37.40 USD
Two sets: $66.50 USD
Three sets: $96.00 USD
Four sets: $125.00 USD

Once I get a price negotiated, and research the shipping costs a bit more, I'll let you all know what the final prices are. Then I need to know if you are in or out, as I will be ordering all the required bolts at once. If you change your mind, please do it right away. If you are still in, I need you all to honour your commitments. I will take payment by PayPal (probably the easiest, and will get the bolts on their way the fastest), International Money Order (please do NOT send a standard US Post money order, as they are not negotiable in Canada), or personal cheque (my least favourite option, as they can take four weeks to clear).

If you stiff me by leaving your order in place and then "change your mind" after I order, or send me a bum cheque, I will hunt you down and re-install the shear bolts in your steering column... :eek:

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
kwilford said:
If you stiff me by leaving your order in place and then "change your mind" after I order, or send me a bum cheque, I will hunt you down and re-install the shear bolts in your steering column... :eek:
geesh keith, you make the mafia sound as sweet as little ol' granny!!! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Keith. I'll hit the pay pal now.....I'll supply the shear bolts too :eek:

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Ok kick the tire light the fire. Check your Email. I don't need any bummed up bolts and you know I have shear bolts too.

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Wait!

WAIT! I don't have the head bolts yet, for crying out loud. I should get firm prices in a couple of days for the bolts and shipping, and then I want to confirm that the vendor actually has enough bolts to go around. And that he has shipped them. Patience, my good men (and women)...

21 - 40 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.