Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Opel Junkie
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw a gt in a junkyard out between gardner and edgerton on 56 highway. i just called the guy and talked to him about it. he said there are no keys and no title. he doesn't know what year it is. we could figure it out by the cowl tag i suppose. he said they kept the car because he knows that they are getting rare and that he knew that people are restoring them.

i saw the car from the road. it has some visible rust on it, particularly over the right rear tire, as well as in some other areas. the guy didn't know what kind of shape the interior was in, but he thinks it is complete. it does have an engine and transmission. it looks to me like it is a 70 or 71 by the wheels that are on it, but i could be wrong.

the guy said he would take $300 for it if someone really wanted it. he talked about putting it up on ebay, but didn't know when, or if, they would ever get around to doing it.

if anyone is interested in looking at the car, pm me. i would be interested in going out to have a look at it with you or even for you.

mike

·
433 Posts
mjewell said:
i saw a gt in a junkyard out between gardner and edgerton on 56 highway. i just called the guy and talked to him about it. he said there are no keys and no title. he doesn't know what year it is. we could figure it out by the cowl tag i suppose. he said they kept the car because he knows that they are getting rare and that he knew that people are restoring them.

i saw the car from the road. it has some visible rust on it, particularly over the right rear tire, as well as in some other areas. the guy didn't know what kind of shape the interior was in, but he thinks it is complete. it does have an engine and transmission. it looks to me like it is a 70 or 71 by the wheels that are on it, but i could be wrong.

the guy said he would take $300 for it if someone really wanted it. he talked about putting it up on ebay, but didn't know when, or if, they would ever get around to doing it.

if anyone is interested in looking at the car, pm me. i would be interested in going out to have a look at it with you or even for you.

mike
Hi Mike,

I'm interested in interior panels. If you do go to check it out, please tell me if the interior panels are in good shape. I'm looking for the both the door panels, both kick panels, both rear panels between the rear wheelwell and the door.

Thanks,

Manny

·
Opel Junkie
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i, too, am looking for some interior parts. maybe it would be better if several of us got together and bought the car together, then divied it up. seems to me that instead of just selling parts to god knows who on ebay, we can at least put the pieces to use with people we know.

any kansas city people interested? i would love to do it myself, but i have no place to store another car...i don't have room for the ones i have now!

let me know,

mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
i would be interested in the transmission and all parts for an auto->manual conversion. I would love to look at it with you guys, but I'm still under my parents control and am required to stay w/in my state :(

·
333 Posts
I can store it. If the front susp. is in good shape I can use that.

mjewell drop me a PM if you are intrested, If no one else is intrested maybe we can go in on it 50-50. I live out by Lone Jack.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
TB_6230:

if you want to convert you auto to a manual, i have everything you need except you'll have to get a clutch, pressureplate, and throw out bearing. i have the pedal set up, clutch cable, manual trans, mounts, cross overs, drive shafts, bellhousings and 3-4 trannys to pick from. have shifter too. you may need to find a console and shifter boot too if they're different between auto and manual, i might have a console, but doubtufll on a shifter boot. let me know if your interested

·
Opeler
48 Posts
I want to go look at it too. Let me know when and I'll schedule it in. Maybe an evening or are they open on a weekend? Let me know.

·
Opel Junkie
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i went and looked at this car today...it is in pretty sad shape, all things considered.

the interior is in sad shape, the engine and trans (4 speed) is still there, the headlights are stuck shut, and something took a dump in the "back seat"!!

the sheet metal is not too good, has a lot of rust. the tail light lenses were about all i saw that could be put to immediate use.

the guy said he would take $300 for it...i guess it would be worth that as a parts car. if anyone is seriously interested, let me know and i'll give their number.

btw, the vin # is 773047435. doesn't that make it a 72, with 1.9L and 4 speed manual?

mike

·
Registered
62 Posts
I could use the floorpans if they are any good. The handle for the headlights if there.. Front Bumper, rear metal.. Heck, I'd be willing to meet someone here to take a look at it if interested. I am down the road in Ottawa. I'll split the cost as well if we could sort out the logistics. If I could get it close enough to my air compressor and air nibbler, I would go crazy.. ;-)

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
mjewell, flash him $150, $200 if the engine runs. Any price they get is profit to him. I bought mine (a 95% good body) for $150 and a 40K engine (from Calvin) for $250. Heck, point out all the bad and that it may have some spare parts worth $150. Worth a try.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
rear axle

I think I need the rear axle off the gardner gt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts