Opel GT Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
I have paint chips for pretty much every color Opel has used in the late 60's and early 70's. I also have most of the paint codes for the GT in a cross reference of DuPont (Antwerp & Bochum), Ditzler / PPG, and ICI. I have the mixing info for some, maybe most of the GT's colors too. I have the info from Projekt 1484, which I need to spend a little more time understanding since it's in German. I also have the dealer binders from '69 and '73.

So, I have a lot of source material to build my document and I'm close to being done with it. Once I'm ready to share it, I'll be looking for feedback if I made any errors. I believe the US spec side of this I've got everything, it's the Euro spec GT's I'm less confident about.

I do remember something I'm not confident about. For silver GT's, was there two different silvers or did Opel just name it differently? The factory code for metallic silver and astro silver is the same, 135-UU. I haven't tried to look and see if I have the mixing info for astro silver to see if it's different. There are different paint codes but I've seen that for the same color depending on year and if it was acrylic or enamel based. Antwerp used acrylic based paint and Bochum used enamel based paint.

·
Vendor
3,314 Posts
Did they ever make a GT with a blue interior?

·
Registered
The Young One
1,070 Posts
That is pretty cool! I didn’t know they made a red on red gt.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts