Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, much to my surprise the front right shock pulled through the rusted mount attached to the fender well. My question is, does the entire front suspension needs to be removed to fix this? And how difficult is that?

Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
13,987 Posts
Yes, it needs to be removed to do the job correctly. Not difficult really. The replacement mounts can be purchased from OGTS I think, I hooked Gil up with my old supplier when I closed my shop. I had some HD steel upper mounts made (weld-in) just for this purpose.

Bob

·
PrOpeller
707 Posts
Same thing happened to me recently while on a local car rally. I haven't had time to fix it properly yet. But a temporary solution was to install large flat washers, bolted below and above where the mount blew out.

Walter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. It's really nice to have a place to ask questions and get helpful answers. Although I want to do it right the suggestion to use a temporary mount plate intrigues me. Beside this is my only mode of transportation and I am not sure I can remove the front suspension, correct the problem and reinstall in two days (the weekend). I may try the temp approach until I can schedule more time. As I am sure is obvious by now, I am somewhat new to this.

Thanks…

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.