Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone currently have their gas tank out of the GT so they could get me some good measurements of it? I may have come up with a source of poly gas tanks made to order, and I want to inquire about getting a tank made for the GT.

I figure I probably am not the only one who would be in the market for a gas tank for the GT that wont rust, but I could be wrong....

Thanks in advance.

·
Opeler
27 Posts
I have mine out.

Given the odd shape, what dimensions would be
considered "good" for you?

I can place it on the flat side and give you length,
width and approximate height.

I'm at work at the moment. I'll check back when
I get home and post if nobody has provided any
measurements.

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
lenth 37 3/8" by 16 3/8" wide at lip 10" deep at back 4" at front

·
Super Moderator
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
group-buy anyone?

After some brief discussions, it looks like the only way it would be feasable to get a tank made is via a group buy. I'm trying to get the guy pinned-down as to how many we'd have to get and a rough cost, and I'll let you guys know when I pin him. I know the rusty tank is a pretty common problem, but is there enough interest to get a group buy for a batch of poly gas tanks going?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I may be interested.

Is there anyway for you to get us a general price range on it? My tank is in pretty bad shape.

·
Super Moderator
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heres the deal

It looks like I would have to get at least 6 orders at @$120 each to get this going. I think that is a pretty good value, especially when you factor in the cost of having a steel tank cleaned, repaired, and then lined, and that the poly tank would last almost indefinatly in the back of the Opel. Anyone else interested?

·
273 Posts
Jim B.,

Now that we know what the outside of the tank looks like, here a "look" at the inside. If your gas gauge ever breaks (and it is not the sender causing the problem) one can still find out how much fuel is there plus or minus .25G. using a digital (preferred) Ohm meter.

JJ

Attachments

·
Opel fan
357 Posts
replacement tank

I think at that price, it would be crazy not to jump on the deal. You know sooner or later, your going to need something to fix a rusty tank. Count me in for one tank. For every one looking for more HP, less weight is a good thing too. Every little bit helps.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Could they put in some baffling or foam when they built them as an option? I'd possibly be interested in one and definatley if they would be willing to build in these features.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts