Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone currently have their gas tank out of the GT so they could get me some good measurements of it? I may have come up with a source of poly gas tanks made to order, and I want to inquire about getting a tank made for the GT.

I figure I probably am not the only one who would be in the market for a gas tank for the GT that wont rust, but I could be wrong....

Thanks in advance.

· Opeler
24 Posts
I have mine out.

Given the odd shape, what dimensions would be
considered "good" for you?

I can place it on the flat side and give you length,
width and approximate height.

I'm at work at the moment. I'll check back when
I get home and post if nobody has provided any
measurements.

· Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
group-buy anyone?

After some brief discussions, it looks like the only way it would be feasable to get a tank made is via a group buy. I'm trying to get the guy pinned-down as to how many we'd have to get and a rough cost, and I'll let you guys know when I pin him. I know the rusty tank is a pretty common problem, but is there enough interest to get a group buy for a batch of poly gas tanks going?

· Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heres the deal

It looks like I would have to get at least 6 orders at @$120 each to get this going. I think that is a pretty good value, especially when you factor in the cost of having a steel tank cleaned, repaired, and then lined, and that the poly tank would last almost indefinatly in the back of the Opel. Anyone else interested?

· Opel fan
357 Posts
replacement tank

I think at that price, it would be crazy not to jump on the deal. You know sooner or later, your going to need something to fix a rusty tank. Count me in for one tank. For every one looking for more HP, less weight is a good thing too. Every little bit helps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.