Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps a somewhat offtopic post, but.. I watched the movie Stripes the other day ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083131/, with Bill Murray ans many more famous people ), and after a while, when I was half asleep infront of the tv, guess what I see.

A shiny GT in a parkinglot in the background! Guess if that woke me up. With little else to do that night I even took a screenshot of it, can be seen here.

Not really an important post, just a fun thing :)

Cheers,
Erik, Sweden

·
356 Posts
Good GT eye!

I looked at pic and noticed GT's red neighbor... briefly started dreaming I missed my Cosworth Vega... then was jolted back to senses (seeing bodies side-by-side, I'm really much better off now)! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
GT goes to Hollywood

Hi ErikE,

yes, it's already older stuff now. Movie produced in the early 80's, don't remember exact date, called "Thought an Elk kissed me" or so on...
Did you ever watch the "Omega Man" with Charlton Heston (1972 ?)? Shows a yellow one.

Cheers

Dicky

·
Opel Addicts
2,480 Posts
You're right - It's there!

Allen Gage

·
1,175 Posts
GT's in movies

If you watch the movie "Mystery Men" and I highly recommend that you do, it's a funny movie, you can see an Opel GT in one scene. In that scene the main characters are meeting in a junkyard where Ben Stiller (as the would be superhero "Mr. Furious") works. One of the characters (Jeaneanne Garafolo("Lil' Bowler")) is sitting in a Fireglow Opel GT. You can tell by the body shape and the quarter window shape. There is also a yellow post WWII Messerschmitt tandem seat car shown and what they call in the movie a "Herkimer Battle Jittney". It's a neat looking Art Deco customized truck with armor plating and multiple headlights.

Earlier in the movie Mr. Furious is repeatedly ordered by the junkyard owner (reminiscent of the "Throw Mama From The Train" woman) to "JUNK IT! Just JUNK IT!" (referring to the battle jittney, not the GT). Only a well placed foam rubber "stress ball" allows the junkyard owner to narrowly escape with her life.

In the movie "Mr. Furious" has anger control issues; that is his superhero strength. "Anger rising.....blood pressure rising.....anger subsiding...returning to normal". At one point he slips when jump starting his motorcycle. "Anger rising.......testicles rising!!!!".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, I've got the mystery med dvd, I think I'll have to check that out :) Always fun when a GT, manta or similar appears in movies!

I'm just waiting to see Arnold or some other action hero actually drive a GT an entire movie :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just watched The Sugarland express yesterday (spilbergs first theatrical movie) And saw a red kadett estate driven by some hunting hillybillys.
The car gets bashed with a rifle by an officer at the end of the movie. It never shows the whole car for a longer period, but i'm 100% sure its a kadett.

·
188 Posts
movies

if you watch the blues brothers, there also a yellow gt. they only show it for a split second, but its there. its at the part when they are being chased by the cops. and when they come out of the under pass and they jump over a cop who pulled in front of them and stop side ways. they show the gt at a stop light. i looked at it at least twenty times to make sure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.