Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,973 Posts
A quote from the Link:https://www.opelgt.com/forums/gt/55778-gt-body-unit-production-numbers-5.html

The U“ stand for body dedicated for the US market. In oposite to the european GT, this bodys has to have a cutout in the quarter panel for the sidemrkers.

Second:
ALL GT-bodys inclusive 12 prototypes were made in France and „usually“ also painted end equipped at the French based factory B&L. The assembling of drivetrain and axels for ALL GT happend in the german factory in Bochum.
But there is one big exeption. Doe to high costumer demand, exact 24 043 blank bodys came as „body in white“ to the german faktory in Bochum. This bodys were painted and completely assembeled in Bochum. This happend in early 69 antil the end of 1970.

So you can say the were parallel two production lines. The body Nr for both lines are independetly count and in a different way marked.
What it makes a little bit complicated ist he fact that the mark for the „second“ line (i.e. in Bochum painted and completely assembled cars) differs between 69 and 70.

In 69 it is a „BB“ after/under the body Nr. and in 1970 it is a „20“ as a prefix before the body Nr.

1969 GT from "Bochum" production line

I read that post, but clearly missed the significance of the words. Huh, 24,000 GT's bypassed the B&L line to be built in Bochum.

·
Senior Contributor
1,644 Posts
I read that post, but clearly missed the significance of the words. Huh, 24,000 GT's bypassed the B&L line to be built in Bochum.
Talking with Gil, at Charlotte, He noticed that my GT had the BB Stamp,, he said that is rare..Quote" Totally made at the Bochum Plant"" and that I might have a split bumper car, that I should investigate.. which I never did..
I guess I'll get clearer photo of the Production stamp BB then in post# 5

Reactions: soybean

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you verry much for posting the body number.
Tomorrow i will write something about this topic at the GT Body Unit Production Numbers-Threat

The GT in my avatar ist not the V8.
This ist the „other“ GT that i still own. During a 4 year period, from 1993 to 97 i realise a 3.5 Liter Rover V8 engine conversation with a different coil spring front axle. I constructed from front axle and engine cross member some kind of a front subframe whith include the rear mount from the wider A-arm and engine mounts.

That engine were original design and built from Buick and Oldsmobile in the early sixty and later produced from Rover up to 4,6 Liter. Range Rover, Morgan Plus 8, Triumpf TR8, MGB V8, TVR. All this car´s use the engine. The TVR Griffith had 5 Liter dispacement and over 300 HP. The engine is all aluminium and very light. I weigth mine and it was only 10Kg(22pounds) heavier than the original Opel GT fourbanger!

Belive it or not, but the main reason for me to do this conversation was not to gain more horsepower. But i absolut love the sound and smoothess of a V8.

After finishing the engine conversation i unfortanly crashed the car badly on a rainy day after three weeks of very nice testdriving … Since than it is my plan to bring it back to the road. 90% off the body damage is repaired but because of other projects, there was no progress in the last 10 years with the V8 GT.
The time runs fast but i do not want to give up this dream…
Well, stand tall and proud. Nice work. You're a craftsman. Sorry about the crash. The higher the risk the more fun it is! I'm unfamiliar with GT Body Unit Production Numbers-Threat. I'd like to read what you write.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you verry much for posting the body number.
Tomorrow i will write something about this topic at the GT Body Unit Production Numbers-Threat

The GT in my avatar ist not the V8.
This ist the „other“ GT that i still own. During a 4 year period, from 1993 to 97 i realise a 3.5 Liter Rover V8 engine conversation with a different coil spring front axle. I constructed from front axle and engine cross member some kind of a front subframe whith include the rear mount from the wider A-arm and engine mounts.

That engine were original design and built from Buick and Oldsmobile in the early sixty and later produced from Rover up to 4,6 Liter. Range Rover, Morgan Plus 8, Triumpf TR8, MGB V8, TVR. All this car´s use the engine. The TVR Griffith had 5 Liter dispacement and over 300 HP. The engine is all aluminium and very light. I weigth mine and it was only 10Kg(22pounds) heavier than the original Opel GT fourbanger!

Belive it or not, but the main reason for me to do this conversation was not to gain more horsepower. But i absolut love the sound and smoothess of a V8.

After finishing the engine conversation i unfortanly crashed the car badly on a rainy day after three weeks of very nice testdriving … Since than it is my plan to bring it back to the road. 90% off the body damage is repaired but because of other projects, there was no progress in the last 10 years with the V8 GT.
The time runs fast but i do not want to give up this dream…
Nice work. You're a craftsman. What is the GT Body Unit Production Numbers-Threat? I'd like to read what you'll write.

·
Senior Contributor
1,644 Posts

·
Opeler
57 Posts
Sorry guys to confuse you with my poor englisch lenguage skills.
I know my write up must be full of typos, horrible orthography and not very well chosen words. But englisch is not my nativ lenguage

Thread – Threat, this is funny:ugh:
Small mistake but huge difference:). Sorry.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts