Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4552557397&category=39405

I have seen this car parked at a used car lot in Lincolnton, NC, about 2 years ago. The body consists of 10% sheet metal, 40% rust and 40% bondo. That adds up to 90%, the rest was missing. The floorboards allowed an unobtrused view on the street. This car can NOT be restored, and I doubt that the "additional" parts like a rusted head are worth the money. If you want it in plain English: DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!

Dieter

·
1,709 Posts
It does have a gas cap :D :D

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Junk

I agree with Dieter... I have seen this GT as well and it is a piece of junk.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
It has some interesting pieces like the white interior, weber and gas cap. The starting bid is too high for the rust and damage. Rear end damage is a pricey proposition at best. If it came with a spare car it might be worth it to the enthusiastic type. As it sits it looks like parts to me. Not worth the opening bid unless you see something I don't.

·
Registered
616 Posts
i'm not sure, but in the picture of the parts, on the left side that might be an origional AM radio. and its hard to tell what it is, but there is also a radio in the dash it appears, maybe its origional too. if anyone is looking for a 100% origional resoration it could be of interest to them since it does have the locking gas cap and other things... looks to have good condition lights which are probably still origional, glass looks good...

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
simplemind7 said:
i'm not sure, but in the picture of the parts, on the left side that might be an origional AM radio. and its hard to tell what it is, but there is also a radio in the dash it appears, maybe its origional too. if anyone is looking for a 100% origional resoration it could be of interest to them since it does have the locking gas cap and other things... looks to have good condition lights which are probably still origional, glass looks good...

yeah but for $800 in that condition??? good luck getting that... i wouldnt mind having that weber though :D

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Here are a few items of note, Auto tranny if the flex plate is good is worth a bit. Same with the kick down cable for it and drive shaft. Beware of lights, busted bits or corners are hard to spot at that distance. You could buy it for around the opening bid amount and make money parting it out and maybe get that part your looking for and your money back. The down side is space, time tools to take it all apart and patience to deal with the rust it has.

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
I just got through parting one out that looked almost as bad as the one for sell. The front bumper literally fell apart and off the car when I touched it with a wrench, the only thing left was the chrome. When taking the rear end out the jack supports came off with the trailing arms. Now if some one is looking for parts like the kick down cable and flex plate I have a few along with just about any thing else, like 8 sets of gauges some dash panels with the round and rectangluar indicator lights, consols for the GT and Manta. Just PM and I will let you know, Weber and Solex carb kit for a set of 13" mags that never went through if your still interested I pay freight for both each way.
rk

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I failed to mention you have to look at it in person. I got some front corner markers one time off Ebay that needed reassembly to say the least. I wouldn't go for it even for parts. The start price is too high and it has some bad feedback after being seen. Unknown condition weber is 75 bucks and if the gas cap has a key it might be worth about the same. Parting out a car is no joy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts