Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a huge motorcycle fan, I was watching Two Wheel Tuesday as usual on Speed Channel and during Corbin's Ride On, they kept showing a garage with a bunch of bikes and an original yellow GT on a lift. It looked to be in great condition (as did everything in this particular garage).
Anyway, I missed the beginning and didn't hear where or whose. Anyone catch this?

·
Administrator
10,293 Posts
From the Yahoo list:

We saw it to! The 70 Opel GT on the lift belongs to Dennis Gage, of (" My Classic Car " show ). You know the guy with the huge mustache. The show the GT was on was "Corbin's Ride On " ( A motorcycle show) I remember him telling Sam Mammola on a previous show, that he owned an Opel GT , but I never thought we would see it. I know he is a big Ford fan and has several Falcons. I did not record the show, but wish I had. Maybe someone else did.

Richard & Patty Stephens Texas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mystery solved. Dennis Gage, huh?
I've seen him and Sam working on a baby blue '63 Falcon. Funny, I've had two GTs and two Falcons. I still have the second Falcon. It's a '63 and I'm building it up as a 60s kustom. Smoothed, flaked, lowered, 6cylinder... just a cruiser daily driver.
Well, if Dennis has a GT, there might be a chance of seeing it again as he is on TV so often. Maybe he'll even do some coverage of an Opel event and air it one day.

·
Opeler
138 Posts
Dennis Gage

I can also confirm that was Dennis' GT. Approximately 1 1/2 years ago, on his My Classic Car Garage show...he was demonstating mini car dolly's that fit under each wheel enabling you to push your car around the garage and into tight corners. Guess what car he used to illustrate this product! His Opel GT!!

I hope he airs that episode someday or highlights that product again. You'd think he'd do a special show on the GT!

Anyway, it was fun seeing up on his lift last night.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i think it was "my classic car" but maybe i'm wrong......maybe 2-3 years ago they did a little 5-10 minute special on the Opel GT but mostly featured a white one, not yellow like denis's........believe it or not this was the first time i've ever seen an opel!!!

·
Opeler
28 Posts
I was watching Speed Channel this morning Oct. 18th, before going to work and lo and behold there was the yellow GT again up on the lift, I kept waiting for the feature pieces to be over so they would go back to the garage so I could see the GT, I"ll have to keep watching to maybe catch some more glimpses. Maybe we could write into the show to see if they could do a piece on the Opel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts