Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Über Genius
9,354 Posts
It looks like the right size.
The AM radio I had said "Opel GT radio by Delco" on the glass.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so maybe this radio is not from opel. Maybe you are selling your radio? if you sell write me pm

·
Super Moderator
9,739 Posts
Is it Opel gt radio or not?
The ones we got, the originals, were just AM/FM (someone correct me) and had "Radio by OPEL" or "Radio by KADETT" across the dial. This one may be an original euro spec.

·
Über Genius
9,354 Posts
Ok, so maybe this radio is not from opel. Maybe you are selling your radio? if you sell write me pm
Sorry but I already sold it.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
The ones we got, the originals, were just AM/FM (someone correct me) and had "Radio by OPEL" or "Radio by KADETT" across the dial. This one may be an original euro spec.
The ones which came in the first couple of years of GTs said "Kadett Radio by Delco." Later they said "Opel GT Radio by Delco," or maybe it was only "GT Radio by Delco." They were only for the North American AM radio band. I don't know how that corresponds to the European radio band system. Bill

·
1000 Post Club
4,115 Posts
The euro spec GT's had an AM/FM mono Blaupunkt radio. They go for big bucks, just like the "driving lights" on the euro models. I can't tell if the one in cupas post is a Blaupunkt. I'd like one myself.

Reactions: Autoholic

·
Registered
355 Posts
negatory captain, that is not the american one (as for euro, i have no idea)

post in the wanted ads for an orginal GT radio, im sure someone will sell you one, they are everywhere, at least where i live.

·
1,875 Posts
I don't think the US GTs ever came with a AM/FM option. Even in 1975 when I bought my last new Opel (a 1974 signal green wagon) and wanted an Am/Fm radio the dealer had to dealer install it and add speakers down on the kick panels.
My GT has a Radio Shack Realistic brand AM/FM that I bought new in 1980 and had to have installed at the Buick dealer because there was no way at 19 years old and being new to Opels that I could have figured out how to install it in a GT! The radio still works and I've only had to change the dial light once.

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/members/gs2-8-albums-commodore-gs-2500-4dr-picture30294-001.html

http://www.opelgt.com/forums/member...ck-oil-pressure-gauges-underdash-console.html

Got this Delco radio in my Commodore A a French import, should be dealer installed. Was a radio with exactly the same face available in US Opels or other domestic GM makes ? Delco appliances could not be had through the German dealerships, so I'm wondering, as it is not working I might need a spare one.
No. Your radio has the different long-wave and medium-wave band selection buttons. The only time we see such buttons is when we get a radio from Europe. There may be push-buttons on a US radio, but they are to be set to select one specific radio station. Bill

·
Super Moderator
8,201 Posts
Gosh ya'll make this difficult. We only saw AM Delco radios in the states. The early GT ones as has already been noted were marked for Kadett's and the later ones for GT's. A smaller AM radio was installed in the 50 series cars.

I believe there were several radio options available in the European market. The Blaupunkt or 'Blue Dot' radio was available during the 70's. I bought an AM/FM Blaupunkt marked for an Opel and didn't pay enough attention to the listing. It was mono. Almost defeats the purpose of FM. On the bright side, I wouldn't have to figure out where to mount a second speaker.:D

Harold

·
1000 Post Club
4,115 Posts
Wanna make me an offer AFTER I get it fixed or BEFORE! :)

Harold
Fixed? You mean it can't make little radios?

If you want to get rid of it, broken or repaired, let me know. I'm sure we can work something out. PM me. It doesn't have to be working. I have a Sony under my seat with a remote for my CD's/iPod/AM/FM.

4,231 Posts
GT-Radio

Hi
in my GT is a Blaupunkt "Münster"mono with two AM and three FM knobs for fixstations.
This radio was inside,i become my GT from the USA.
The problem with the radio is,i must every time tracking with handturnknob for claer
voice.Why?in Germany the radiostations have pair trackingnumbers like fm 89,4,
the stationknobs makes by pushing impair fm 89,3.:yup:
But i will not missing this monoradio out of the 70th.At time,i repair a Blaupunkt "Frankfurt" for install this in my GT.The music from mp3 or mobilphone goes over fm-transmitter in booth radios,also the upload music from my 8gbyte-GT-USB-stick.
Greetings
Norbert

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
2,054 Posts
I saw that you have installed an FM transmitter for your MP3 music. Is this a wireless transmitter?

I ask bcause I have fought with wireless transmitters and not been satisfied with the performance.

Today I installed a Scosche Auxiliary Input / FM Modulator (model FMMOD02) in an older Chrysler. I wanted to keep the dash and original AM/FM radio unaltered, yet be able to listen to my music from an MP3.

This unit delivers input via the antenna port in the back of the AM/FM radio. It will switch between the car's antenna and the MP3 ear phone jack depending on your wish. When listening to the MP3 (or most any mobile audio device) it cuts off the antenna signal so your music signal will not compete for the FM band (88.3). When listening to the radio, the MP3 input is shut off.

It comes with a small housing for the MP3 input jack and switch. The housing can be mounted with double-sided tape (included) in a discreet location.

The FM Modulator unit is hidden away in the dash.

Easy installation.

I found it on Crutchfield's site for $49.99. But purchased it from Amazon for 29.29, plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
I have a radio that has a place for a SD card, it holds about 1000 songs along with AM & FM. Didn't cost much either. I put it in years ago and never had any problems with it. Its pretty cool listening to songs and only hear them once.

Bob

1 - 20 of 20 Posts