Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a box of 50 molding fastners that will work in the rear trim of our GTs, they are a one inch stud mounted on a 5/8" platform with a hair spring attached to hold them in place in the channel of the trim. The only thing is they are a 10-24 thread, but if they work, which it appears they will I can do with a non-metric fastners in my GT. Anyway, as I said, I got 50 to a box, so if some needs any let me know by PM.

Ron

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ooops

To those folks that I sent the fastners for the Rear Trim on their GTs. I made a mistake on the quantity required to install the trim. I counted the fasteners on my trim piece that I took off the car, and not the holes that were on the car itself. I found my mistake this a.m. It takes 10 fasteners not the original 7 that I thought. I'm going to order some more fasteners Monday, because I gave out more than I need for my own car. So If you folks will e-mail or PM me your address again, I'll send out the remaining three fastners you'll need to complete the installation as soon as I get them. Sorry for my mistake. :(

Ron

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O. K. here's the latest on the fasteners, I called the mfg, and they are out of stock, I ordered two boxes of 50 each, so that everyone who responded can get a set or two as long as they last. It will be first come first serve. I'm told they will be received and shipped some time this week. As soon as I get them, they will be out by UPS. :cool:

Ron

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Just bumped it back up since the topic came up. I knew I'd seen it somewhere.

·
GT Owner
392 Posts
trim fasteners

I bought some from Moss Motors but had to grind them a little smaller to make the turn in my chromed trim strip. The chroming makes the strip less flexible.
I also bought some from Susselbeck but they are pretty slow shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts