Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an Opel GT in decent driving condition. I have a '73 BMW 2002 I'd be willing to part with for one. It needs to be restored, but it is a solid daily driver.

Any interest can email me

[email protected]
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
this is true, though calvin made a mistake. It's 4 2002's for a GT and 2 2002's for a manta, it's ok calvin everyone makes mistakes :cool:
 

·
Opeling since 1991!
Joined
·
313 Posts
jordan said:
this is true, though calvin made a mistake. It's 4 2002's for a GT and 2 2002's for a manta, it's ok calvin everyone makes mistakes :cool:
No, I really think that calvin is right in that fact. It ok jordan, everyone makes mistakes. :) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I agree

I'd have to agree, there are not enough Mantas in existance to trade for an Opel GT, the GT is way more fun to drive, and looks a hell of a lot cooler than any Manta I have ever seen.
 

·
Opeling since 1991!
Joined
·
313 Posts
opalhead said:
I'd have to agree, there are not enough Mantas in existance to trade for an Opel GT, the GT is way more fun to drive, and looks a hell of a lot cooler than any Manta I have ever seen.

Honestly, I find the Manta more 'fun' to drive. But if you consider fun by the amount of people that crane their necks, then I agree about the GT.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Excelsior said:
Honestly, I find the Manta more 'fun' to drive. But if you consider fun by the amount of people that crane their necks, then I agree about the GT.
Or if you think pulling your GT out of the shrubbery after you've understeered off the road is fun.... :p

Hands down, the Manta is a better road car to drive. But certainly the GT will turn heads left and right, the Manta will only get noticed by a few hardcore car guys.
 

·
Manta Maniac
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Ya beat me to it Bob......!!!!
 

·
1450 Seeker...
Joined
·
613 Posts
Before this goes any further, I am going to interject that there is only one proper way to outfit one's own garage, and that's with one of each...

GT, Manta, Sportwagon, 2002, Alfa Sprint Giulietta, Lancia Stratos, Cosworth Vega, L-88 Corve... Aw crap, I did it again.

Might I remind everyone that as much as we love our Opels, the 2002tii made Automobile Magazines Top 100 of all time.

I also noticed that we hijacked Skitch's thread. Sorry Skitch.
 

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
Joined
·
2,116 Posts
well, i'm all for american muscle car, but i must agree with madhatter, the LANCIA STRATOS is awesome, i love those cars. i had a chance to drive one around the block, the local junkyard owner bought one for a resale, had no idea what it was, also had some other lancia, forgot what it was. i drove the stratos and gawked at some of the unique things aboutt he both. the one lancia had a full aluminium body, tripple webers, straight 6.
 

·
Detritus Maximus
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
RallyBob said:
Or if you think pulling your GT out of the shrubbery after you've understeered off the road is fun.... :p

Hands down, the Manta is a better road car to drive. But certainly the GT will turn heads left and right, the Manta will only get noticed by a few hardcore car guys.
So, what you're saying is that girls will notice you in a GT, but guys will notice you in a Manta? If so, then I guess one needs to be certain of their 'orientation' before purchasing an Opel. Although, now that I think about, it's hard to look suave and sophisticated standing there as the tow truck guy drags your car out of the landscaping and if only guys notice you in your Manta, you might need the excellent handlig prowess to avoid any 'uncomfortable moments'.

I can't really comment on the Opel vs. BMW exchange rate, except to ask, "What's a BMW"?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top