Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am now officially disheartened. I have come close with two GTs and haven't been able to close the deal with either one due to sellers holding out on me as far as damage or what will need repair.

So: what is my best bet for finding a nice GT that won't take thousands of dollars to get presentable??? I've looked everywhere I can think of!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Hey thanks, I know that took some work and I appreciate it! I looked around and although I still didn't find one at least I have a few more options than I did. I'd sure like to find a nice mostly resto rust free GT. *sigh*

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Rust Free GT

kwilford said:
Let someone else love the restoration work, while you can love driving the car.
JM2CW
Amen Brother! ;)

I've heard from Jim before, but everytime he tries to email me at my AOL account, I just get a blank message with one dash in it. I dunno if its my isp or his, but when I emailed him back asking him to try my yahoo account, I didn't hear anything further.. maybe I'll give him another shout.

I also found the Opels Unlimited website and thier cars for sale... anyone know anything about them? (I must say the black gull-wing GT is MOST MOST DROOLWORTHY....)

I did bid on the red and white one on eBay, but I just get so nervous about having to research and buy a car with the clock ticking...... Thanks for the advice though!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and BTW, the Orange eBay GT - I thought that would be MINE... its in MY CITY for cryin out loud.. figured God sent it just for me (how many Opels can there be in Des Moines, IA)... but I traded emails and calls with the seller and she never would let me come out and see/drive it... made me wonder too much so i didn't bid.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Kevin I really appreciate you thinking of me, but I think I'm gonna take the prior advice and spend a little more to get one that is in really good restored shape. (I hope...)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I saw that too. I've emailed the seller asking for the inspection report and for more specifics about what is running rough about it. I'll let you know what I find out.

As a side note... does anyone have any good auto transport suggestions? The quotes I have gotten so far are in teh 700-800 dollar range. (ouch)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You guys are great! You crack me up! I'll let you know on the Boston car. Its in need of a new rear end and I hear that can get expensive. I'm gonna do some checking into prices and keep a dialog open with the seller. I would sure appreciate the transport and would be more than happy to cover the gas. I'll keep ya'll posted.

As far as the eBay Opel... I am still waiting for the seller to return my email............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.