Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Opeler
4 Posts
Wing

Did you ever get any answer to your question on Manny's wing?
I am interested also, would also like to know where his ground effects came from. Good luck,

Scott

·
Registered
98 Posts
It does look like a Supra wing to me, I believe it would have to be shortened to fit the GT... The Ground FX look to be the same style I see in import tuner magazine from the Road Warrior Collection I think. Possibly The guy just incorporated them into the GT for a different look than what is generally offered by anyone. If your interested I think you can pick up an Import tuner magazine ( or similar ) just about anywhere and look in the back at the different styles they offer just be sure to find a car that is somewhat comparitive and get ready to do some modifications to what you receive.

RITTER

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
We just got this wing through Summit Racing Equipment. They called it a "universal", but it said Supra on the box. It takes some adjusting of the pillars to get it to fit, but it didn't seem to need any shortening.

I really like the ground effects - especially the vents in the front fenders! I really wish I could see the car in person and see how that is done. What a great looking treatment!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the supra style wing on my gt and it seems that i ordered a universal one from a place in New York( they had an ad in either eurotuner or import racer, I cant remember which one). It took a little work but it looks great and additionally, with the brake light sitting high up in the spoiler, other drivers are more apt to see your brake lights.

·
Registered
521 Posts
ground effects

I had heard Manny did a lot of custom work on that GT. The side vents included. I bet it didn't use many "off the shelf" bodykit parts if it used any. But the wing is from a Supra.

-kyle

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm with GT4Race on this one, where do you find a sweet spoiler like that black one on the red car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys!
Well I got some answers for you.....

The spoiler on the red car looks like a copy of regular GM type used as aftermarket for 82-84 pontiac firebirds. You will have a very hard time finding one since it was made by a company that passed away over 10 years ago. They had body panels, spoilers and a few other things like T-tops and such. Most likely it was found in a wrecking yard and setup for the car.

The spoiler on the other car is from a Toyota Supra aftermarket circles. According to my auto library, its called Hi-wing and was made originally by a company called Techno Dynamics in Arizona. Don't know if they are alive or not.

The body kit with the front air dams is a modified version of a kit offered for a datsun 240Z. You can see the resemblance if you examine how the rear quarter panels meet. This kit shows on my cd as available from a company called Z-shop but you have to modify quite alot to get it installed.

The gas cap is from a mitsubishi Eclipse and its available everywhere for $32.95. You will have to rework the area to install but it does look good and merits the work.

The Opel GT and the datsun 240Z are basically the same size, 240Z is slightly larger which make fiberglass body parts an easy cut to fit project. I would check out a company called Racer Walsh if they are still around. I'll try to get some pics of the available kits and post them for further viewing

-------------------------------------------------
J blanco
GT Brake Man

·
Opeler
117 Posts
Manny used 16" front wheels and 17" rears. I got the information from him last year, but had a hard drive crash since then and lost the specifics.

Swiss

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Tibby wing

I picked-up one of the Tiburon wings I mentioned earlier for $20 on e-bay, and I got it just the other day. It is new in the box, and even includes the LED third brake light. I'll try to get it out to the GT this weekend and get some pictures with it set in place to see what it looks like.

·
Opeler
117 Posts
Ok Guys,
I just got a Supra style wing for a '98 Civic. Pretty close to Manny's wing. Several years back I went out to Wings West and trial fitted several different wings on my old GT. They had one prototype wing that they had in a corner that fit better than any of the others, but the ones that looked the best were the model 125 (Honda Civic p/n 591151-3 no light) the model 130 (Honda Prelude p/n 591112 no light). This was in '94. The width of the Civic and Prelude models is correct, and of course there is a minor mismatch at the body curve that will need to be fitted. Manny's looks to be closer to the Prelude model due to the slightly thinner sides and the base is slightly longer on the Prelude model, but the two are VERY close to the same. Hope that this helps one of you. Next I need to figure out what front airdam I want to fit.

Swiss
Wings West shows both the Civic and the Prelude models on their web site. http://www.wingswest.com/ Hope this helps.

·
Opeler
48 Posts
Toyota Supra Wing

Hey I just read the thread about this wing and I remembered that I bought a new toyota supra wing for my GT but I decided to keep it original, if anyone wants it just send a reasonable offer to my e-mail.

[email protected]

·
Opeler
88 Posts
There is some discussion here about the use of, or modifying a spoiler wing from other vehicles to fit a GT. Has anyone actually amounted a Civic or Neon wing on a GT...if so how did it fit ?...or what modifications were made (pictures would be great)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I do believe Gil at OGTS has modified Supra spoiler on his red GT. He has pics of it on his website. I also know of an unpainted Lenk Tuning spoiler that's in AZ, it even has the cutout for the gas tank filler.

·
Opeler
88 Posts
The Supra wing is cool..but just a bit tall for my taste...Lenk spoiler is probably the wise choice considering the time it takes to make modifications to a no fittter...AZ spoiler have a price??

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
ya the supra one was too tall for me to...i had the body guy cut it down, i believe he cut about 4-5 inches outta the height of it...made it look alot better...only thing was then it was a little bit of a pain to get the gas in.:banghead:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts