Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, has anyone gotten gran turismo 4 yet? I was lookin at the official site and theres a section that says 'full car list'. I was lookin through it and it showed 7 cars for opel, but no gt. some1 please tell me im mistaken. i was thnkn bout gettin it if it had the gt in it.

·
GT Lover
29 Posts
2 bad 4 us

It would seem that the developers focused on the newer models and did not take into account our beloved GT. I however will still buy and enjoy the game! It would have been nice to drive the GT on the game though, just think of how many people play those games and say " I wish I could drive that car for real " and you can smile and say " I do " . So look on the bright side we have the real thing!!!! :cool:

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
somebody said they played a demo version quite a while ago and it had the GT, really dissapoints me that they took it out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well hopefully i am mistaken and its still on there. lol you got a good point opelphile. If anyone has the game and reads this...please let us kno

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
the advertisements for GT4 look awesome. my favorite opel in the first 3 is the Tigra Ice Race car in the GT2 for PS1. i've gotten 100 percent completion on the first 3 GranTurismo games and atleast 5 mil on each game. real nice games and the 4th looks to be the greatest yet.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
a friend from school got the game last night. he said its the best so far but there is in fact no old opels. just the usual calibras and astras as the last 3 Gran Turismos.

·
Registered
616 Posts
i got it yesterday, and no old opels :( theres the corsa, speedster and speedster turbo, vectra, astra touring car, and the calibra touring car

its a little better representation than the last one..... but wheres our gt?

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
I've been playing it for the past two days (and 6 years on the previous versions) and there is a lot of stuff that really frustrates me with this new version. It's still the be-all-end-all of racing simulators but there are some huge changes to the physics model that I am still evaluating to see if they are more realistic or just changes for the sake of change.

The car list is terrible. There are at least 30 versions of the Skyline, which is one of my favorite street cars in the game, but there is no need for the publishers of the game to claim 600+ cars, when half of them are duplicates.

Navigation within non-race portions of the game are asinine enough for me to want to take a sledge to my controller.

And if anyone is wondering why the original list of 1,200+ cars was pared down to 600+, it's because the developers ran out od time to drive and model each car. So basically they couldn't find a GT to test drive. Would have been trick if we could have had them test-drive one of the GT4 prepped GT's as a ringer!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i played it for a few minutes yesterday and the handeling physics are completely different than the first 3 GT games. they seem twitchy at first but at the same time are unresponsive to controler input, will take alot of time to get used to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i played gt3 before 4, and the reason why the turning and stuff is twitchy cause in gt3 the keypad used to be really slow and less responsive compared to the stick, now their both the same sensitivitey, takes about 2 hours to get used to :D

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
I've warmed up to GT4 a great deal. You have to be much more diligent about staying out of the weeds. The cars are less sensitive to chassis and suspension adjustments, in GT3 I could get a Trueno to handle better than a Skyline, now in GT4 you can tune all-day and not get rid of handling inadequacies.

Nothing will ever undo the fact that Polyphony is either Skyline obsessed, or Nissan paid a hefty sum to have 56 versions of Skylines included in the game.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Just saw what you guys were talking about Sat when I went by EB Games with my son. He generally plays Ist player roleplaying games, but has the 1st GT. Cool game, and like he said, not enough Opels in the game. The most I play is F-22 Lightning II, using a programable Talon joystick.(old dog learning newer things), ;) , Jarrell

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Jarrell;
Learning about video games is far easier, not to mention safer, then say, *ahem* tazer guns? :D

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i stayed the night at a friends house this weekend and did quite a few races with a 440 Cuda. i did great with the "old" tracks i knew, such as seatle. the first track i did race was the big german track i can't spell, altho its pronounced like "nurber-grain". its narrow, close to 10 minute lap times, and had a calloway C12, a car i found sucked worse than most cars on the game for the paticular driving style i take upon in games. using anolog sticks for both steering, and the braking/acceleration with a manual trans helps SO MUCH!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
BQS4 said:
Jarrell;
Learning about video games is far easier, not to mention safer, then say, *ahem* tazer guns? :D
Lots safer. When you crash and burn or, should I say Thrash and Burn? ;)
Jarrell

1 - 15 of 15 Posts