Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching an episode of Trucks on Spike TV Saturday morning. The show was having their truck frame sandblasted, at Stripmasters in Nashville, and in the background was a GT that had been blasted. A members car??
Then on a documentary on Hippies on the History channel about 40 mins in a Gt was shown driving thru the crowd at Woodstock. I'm pretty sure both shows will air again.

Dave

·
2,054 Posts
'64 Opel on Top Gear

A 1964 Opel Kadett kicked ass on last night's Top Gear episode on BBC.

The 3 hosts had to purchase used cars in Africa and cross Botswana including the Kalahari Desert. Richard showed up with the plain-jane 48 hp car and got laughed at. But it performed flawlessly over a 1000 miles of dirt road, broken ground, and boggy salt flat; unmodified.

·
Opeler
159 Posts
actually, his car was only 40 hp because it wasn't a "sports" model according to him. i was really upset when he drove it into the river though. seemed a waste of a nice car! btw, one of the cars the kadett "outperformed" was an old model mercedes!

·
Kalifornia Kid
551 Posts
Oliver

Oliver lives. According to Hammond on Top Gear the Kadett is coming (or by now) has come to the U.K. and will be cared for.
What the youtube and do a search for 'oliver top gear'
Dennis

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Off topic, but did you guys see this? What are the odds?:D
The play button didn't work on the player.. but the video works if you click on the title that takes you straight to Google Video.

The video..WOW! That was crazy.

·
Über Genius
9,460 Posts
Ridiculousness
Season 11, Episode 7
About 8 minutes in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts