Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the GT and Manta?

It seems a shame to part out such a well running engine/trans. And even if you do, its not even worth that much. There must be something that they drop into with out too much expense.

Also what is the official Opel engine name?

·
Super Moderator
5,928 Posts
urbsnspices said:
Besides the GT and Manta?
It seems a shame to part out such a well running engine/trans. And even if you do, its not even worth that much. There must be something that they drop into with out too much expense.
A while ago, there was a fellow on the classicopels list that had an Opel 1.1 litre engine in a Triumph Spitfire (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/classicopels/message/24881
Ouch, that was a BAD trip down memory lane; the thread turned nasty and the originator was banned!).
I guess the idea of putting an Opel engine into another brand isn't a bad one. I suspect that in Europe, where the Opel CIH (Cam In Head) engine was very plentiful, it might have been like folks here doing Chevy small block swaps. But since the Opel brand in North America was always a bit on the "fringe" (Hey, I resemble that remark!), it just wasn't common. But swap a Mazda rotary/Chevy V6/Chevy V8/Buick V6/Ford 302/Cadillac 502 (I am NOT joking!)/Toyota 3SGE/Rover Aluminum V8 or WHATEVER into an Opel? All the time...

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
urbsnspices said:
i called mine fred!!!!!
its a cam in head(CIH)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts