Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Head(ers) Up

Not to upstage any sellers but since the supply seems good I thought I would pass this along.

Having spent the day ”reworking” the first pipe of the Ansa header (like the ones in the old C and R Small catalog #4) with my favorite tool the sledgehammer, proving you can get a GT header to fit into a Manta. I was thinking headers. Since despite much shoehorning and banging yesterday for a couple of hours I couldn’t get it to fit right I looked about on the web for the proper header for a Manta first new and then used. Looking at the prices of a new one I went back today and redoubled my efforts and eventually got it to fit.

While looking on the web I didn’t find any used Manta headers but the German Ebay has two Opel GT Headers listed currently. Just go to http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2413220303&category=28627 and http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2412656477&category=28596

. Since they aren’t very big shipping by mail is possible. The price when I last looked was between 12 and 22 Euros.

Calvin
:D

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Calvin;
Just to give you a "ball park" idea of shipping. I searched for over a year (on the net) and finally found the head pipes for the Manta/Sportwagon/Sedan at a source in Germany. If they were to send the pipe intact (approx. 6 ft long) it would have cost about $200, but, cut in half, it shipped for $20. But, this was about 2 years ago.

·
tomking
2,498 Posts
Well I bought a rear spoiler from Germany, which hasnt arrived yet, but it weighs less than 8 pounds and of course is what, maybe 40 inches long? the shipping is 60 bucks. Too much to buy many like that.

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the header is about 24" in by 24" by 8" (ballpark) and would be about 60 buck I guess to ship (unless one happened to know a US serviceman/DOD employee stationed in Germany $19.85 gets it done).

Still if you can buy it for less than 50 Euros and spend another sixty to ship it you still save 300-350 over the price of some of the new ones (which also ship from Germany).

German shipping is outrageous though you are right about that.
c:)

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
I have a "slight" advantage, in that, the company I work for does a bunch of Int'l shipping. I recently had a 5-spd, for another Opel member, shipped DHL overnight from Germany to Atlanta, total bill $191. But, that's not including the price of the trans, just the shipping. But, you have to realize, they have a ton of paperwork to go through and $$$ just to ship things out of Europe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts