Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i do to my head lights when i paint it? I am painting it sunshine yellow and i want to have a surprise when i flip the lights over like flames or something, but i want it to contrast with the car when the lights are on.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh i forgot the most important part! i want to take the car down to bare metal, and i want to use air craft stripper. where can i buy it, how much would it cost to do the whole car? and does it take bondo off also?

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Jordan

We used aircraft stripper on Allen's TR-7. You can get it at any autobody supply house. It costs about $25 per gallon. You will need at least 1 gallon. It depends on how long you leave it on whether it will take out the bondo or not.

Hope this helps.

Vickie

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it will probily say on the can but what is the aircraft stripper consistancy is it like as thin as water or honey? do i use a rag to apply it?

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
you want a surprise when you flip up the headlights? nothin big or durastic but i always thought the GT looked like a mini corvette with frog eyes stickin up out of the car. i seen some chrome headlight covers on an old 50's oldsmobile. they were chrome and covered the top half of the headlights. i thought it would be kinda cool to put them on a GT and make it look like the frog is blinkin! i dont know how good it looks yet cuz i have yet to find some of these covers.

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
This aircraft stripper is pretty strong stuff. You will want to use gloves that will stand up to chemicals. Buy a box of cheap, throw away brushes and use that to apply it with. The consistency is not as thick as honey--more like gravy and it drips all over.

Also make sure you have good ventilation--we did it during the summer and had the garage door open.

Vickie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts