Opel GT Forum banner

Header and Intake bolts

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Opeler2 
#1 ·
Anybody know what tool is needed to seperate the intake from exhaust manifold. Similar to a torks bolt but not quite. Also where can I get this tool, I spent 25 years as an aircraft mechanic and have never seen such a thing. Second question what is the easiest way to install a header after the engine is in the car or is it impossible.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thanks For all the reply's

Well as it turned out auto zone had a set of 4 tri square bits for 12.99 so another tool was added to the collection. Installing the header was a breeze once I decided that the only way it would go in was to support engine from the top and remove the cross member and right side engine mount. It took about 2 hrs with no beating and hammering slid right in from the bottom with the car on wheel ramps. A little custom fab work to connect collector to muffler and the car will finally be on the road.

Thanks jerseyopel for the header and the nut and washers for the steering wheel.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
I was Lucky

I lucked out here, mine came apart real easily. However this engine has zero time on it since a complete rebuild. When working with stubborn bolts or screws for that matter, I have a special head for my pnuematic riveter that allows me to attach a bit holder or socket with the air pressure real low and a wrench on the shaft of this attachment the rapid tapping while turning will remove almost any fastener even striped out phillips screws.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.