Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am not sure about the installation, but how did you get your header? Does Pacesetter still exist and make opel gt headers? Are there any more companies around that produce and sell opel gt headers? Any good opel stores that sell used or new headers?

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Buy a Manta...

Seriously, many of those Pacesetter headers on eBay were meant to fit a Manta/Ascona, not necessarily a GT. I recall one GT owner who bought a "Manta" header said it actually fit his car, but I wonder if it was ACTUALLY a GT header. The GT header has more "angle" to the down-comers than the Manta. Have a read at http://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3807 especially post #25 which has photos comparing the GT and Manta header.

HTH

·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it in I had to knock back the wall an inch.But she fits now thanks.I know that Todd at Opels Unlimited has used headers as well as new Hooker headers for 289.But you must be patient with them.I also know he has a good sprint manifold for sale.Thanks Tim

·
Curve Crazy GT
398 Posts
ok i got taht question figured out.

now sence this is general discussion ill add a new question. i bought a header from gary at carlisle and i have everything off, now HOW THE HECK DO I GET THE HEADER IN PLACE . i cant get it from teh top, and theres not enough room underneth. what do i do!!

·
Curve Crazy GT
398 Posts
well sence i posted i was out there workin on it, i had to completly remove teh engine mount from teh block and from the frame, and i allso had to modify the bracket witch connects teh tranny to teh block ... man waht a night... but its in and im pooped... and my arms are as black as night.. now for teh 3 more hours of washing up...

thnaks for teh links to teh forums!

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
coolchrisp said:
thnaks for teh links to teh forums!
You're welcome. Searching can be a drag, and it is VERY good to continue an existing thread versus starting a new one. That said, the link was just above your post; it helps to read the thread you do find.

·
415 Posts
GT Tim said:
Mine fit with some pursuation.
\

Care to explain further? I've got a pacesetter (GT style) and will be installing soon.

·
415 Posts
opelphile said:
Start at the begining of this post your question is already answered!!:yup:

Sorry, I was asking in light of the link that stated that you needed to remove the cradle. Where on the wall did you "Knock it back"? Oh, and as I have worked in lining up the new ported intake and header (on the floor of the shop) it looks like the tube at the front needs to be "knocked" slightly to keep from contacting the intake. Did you have this issue to deal with?

·
Super Moderator
8,348 Posts
Wolf Spyder said:
it looks like the tube at the front needs to be "knocked" slightly to keep from contacting the intake. Did you have this issue to deal with?
The first Pacesetter I installed I tool a ball pein hammer to for clearance. Years later on a second installation I ground the intake for clearance.

Harold

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.