Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Curve Crazy GT
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a quick question taht i hope is awnserd quickly. if i were to purchase a header what else besides a gasket would i need and how much would it all cost. like any fitment issues or any thing special i would need?:confused:

thanks
chris

·
Senior Contributor
5,048 Posts
The tri-Y header that I bought did not fit until I took it to my shop and heated and bent one of the tubes so that it would clear the body. Nothing says the one you get would be the same. I had to buy an adaptor and a gasket to go from the header flange to the 2 1/4" pipe I am using. Also make sure that the header flange at the head is 12mm thick, otherwise there will be a problem getting the intake and the exhaust to seal to the head. I also can't get mine in unless I remove the motor mount, which means temporarily support the engine during the install. I have not run the motor with the header attached, don't know what it sounds like.

·
Opeler
38 Posts
I bought a header also. Had some problems making it fit in without touching on the bell housing bracket and frame of car. Didn't touch much and I could have bent it to fit. I also had problems with the second bolt from the firewall that mounts the header. It sat right up against the pipe and I couldn't get a socket over it. I had time constraints so I abandoned that for now and will work on it later. I put the stock manifold back on. But to answer your question, mine suppose to come with a gasket and adapter that does from 2 1/4 down to a 2. It didn't but I already called them and they are going to correct that.

Arnold

1 - 3 of 3 Posts