Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headlight indicator light

I have a problem with the headlamp indicator light in my dash (the white one). It stays on all the time when the headlights are in the closed and fully locked position. From what I have read it should indicate when the lights are partially open but not on. When the lights are flipped and locked in the on position the light goes out and my headlights go on. Any ideas, one of the relays at the headlight maybe? If that’s the case I can live with it. I've had one of the headlights out when I rewired the front end and it was a major pain. The car is an early 69 GT if that helps in figuring out my problem since different years had slightly different wiring.

Matt

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
On a 69 it has two switches on the drivers side. One for power and one for the white light. Chances are good that it was put on the normally closed side on reinstall or possibly the switch is bad. HTH

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there more then one place on the switch where the wire could be put on? :confused: I dont remember, its been over a year since I had it apart. If thats the case I may have hooked it up wrong. Or the switch could be bad. Whatever the case it sounds like the only way to fix would be headlight removal and Im not willing to risk damaging my new paint at this point. Its too minor an issue, I'll wait till the other switch fails and the headlights dont work before I dive into that mess again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts