Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I own opel gt, its nice runs and all that good stuff. Of course Im slowly in a full restoration project on this beast and I seem to have a problem. My headlights wont roll all the way over, I've figured out whats wrong (the previous owner did a bad wiring job and got it jammed in the gears) and one gear on the right side has many broken teeth, I know the top gear is supposed to be missing teeth but these are BROKEN. This is a pretty bad problem and i would like to know if anybody has advice, a place to get a regulator, or one they would like to trade or sell. if you want, e mail me at [email protected]. thanks, namakubi :D

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Have a look around this Forum, especially the thread that is at the top of the list:
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3764
The rotator mechanisms CAN be repaired (usually the main issue are broken swivel bolts), but only if the gear sets are not broken. If you can find another rotator that is a bit wrecked, but has no broken gears (of the same side), you can make one good rotator out of two.

HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.