Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
RunOpel
1,233 Posts
Has anyone replaced there headlights in a GT with these headlights?
I’m just curious your thoughts ?

·
RunOpel
1,233 Posts
Dale I replaced with OGTS new fog/running/signal combo a couple of years ago and have loved them. At night awesome fog light projection. Better light than my original headlights though there halogen. I’m thinking of going to those new headlights, but just wanted to hear opinions of others.

·
Senior Contributor
1,515 Posts
Hella H4 Headlight Kit

Yep, I have the Opel GT Source H4 Hella Headlight kits in both of my GT's , Now the time to get a good deal on a set, when Gil ,OGTS places them on sale. CIMG2622.jpg

The low beams are sharp and clean bright light,,,, ""The High Beams"" ...Really Cut the Night,,Sharp outline of High Beams Powerful It's probably legal in Europe

The Hella Light is really brite on High Beam for on coming traffic, got to be careful.. CIMG2631.jpg . Works Great !!! The Hella Housings and Hella H4 bulbs Kit :cool:
make sure you have new hardware ,insulators and adjusting tabs, springs, while your there, 50 years old JMHO

Attachments

·
Opeler
132 Posts
Yep, I have the Opel GT Source H4 Hella Headlight kits in both of my GT's , Now the time to get a good deal on a set, when Gil ,OGTS places them on sale. View attachment 389697

The low beams are sharp and clean bright light,,,, ""The High Beams"" ...Really Cut the Night,,Sharp outline of High Beams Powerful It's probably legal in Europe

The Hella Light is really brite on High Beam for on coming traffic, got to be careful.. View attachment 389705 . Works Great !!! The Hella Housings and Hella H4 bulbs Kit :cool:
make sure you have new hardware ,insulators and adjusting tabs, springs, while your there, 50 years old JMHO
Very nice shots of the installed H4's. I've purchased them from OGTS and what a difference they make. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,671 Posts
I don't have OGTS Hella H4s on my Wagon, I hunted up CIBIE H4 Z beams, like the Hellas, these have a destinct cut off, a backward Z to prevent blinding on coming drivers, but , still give great lighting.

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
The Hella Light is really brite on High Beam for on coming traffic, got to be careful.. View attachment 389701 . Works Great !!! The Hella Housings and Hella H4 bulbs Kit :cool: make sure you have new hardware ,insulators and adjusting tabs, springs, while you're there, 50 years old JMHO
Looks good! Anyone know where you can get new plastic inserts for the rectangular headlamp locating notches to either side of the lower ring retaining screw? I've always robbed them from other housings but they're roughly 50 years old and I would like 'new'. I've had them break when I was handling them.

Harold

·
Senior Contributor
1,515 Posts
Looks good! Anyone know where you can get new plastic inserts for the rectangular headlamp locating notches to either side of the lower ring retaining screw? I've always robbed them from other housings but they're roughly 50 years old and I would like 'new'. I've had them break when I was handling them.

Harold
Yep, I know exactly what you mean, the adjusting white tabs and special adj. screws/ springs are available,,
Yea, those white insert tabs
like insulating between metal and glass.. I could sure use a bunch too. Have to ask Gil OGTS next time.

·
RunOpel
1,233 Posts
Thanks to all who provided opinions on the new headlights from OGTS. I'm going to take the plunge and take advantage of the sale going on. I will ask about the plastic inserts as they do get brittle and crack over the years.

·
1000 Post Club
4,106 Posts
I have these lights and they are great. The price they are offering is also great, so if you are on the fence, get off and buy them!!

·
RunOpel
1,233 Posts
Thanks Jeff, I jumped off the fence yesterday and bought them. Now I cant wait to install and test :yup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts