Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my headliner from OGTS ad it came with an extra piece. Its about 5 ft. but 1 ft. Is this for the panels in the back that go around the spare tire cover and below the rear window or for something else?

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
I believe it is for the piece where the spare tire holder snaps to. It can be used for the rear deck.

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no because they sell that spare tire cover seperate at OGTS, and I also ordered one of them. Just a thought..maybe its the material that goes over those humps in the back, on each side of the carpet panel thing? Where the wheels are at? If not.. what do I use to cover them?

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't mean the spare tire cover, which is a seperate item, but the piece of vinyl directly below the spare tire cover. This is were a lot of people put their aftermarket speakers. A lot of older GT's are missing this piece. On my GT, I lost mine so I made a new one out of plywood, glued foam rubber to it and then attached they vinyl. It looks factory installed.

·
191 Posts
Its for the A posts, these peices are not part of the main headliner. If your doing that area you may also want to replace the cork-rubber padding on the A post. When I did mine I found padding to be hard as rock. I used foam pipe insulation to replace it. Just cut it in half, shape with a razor blade and sand with sandpaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.