Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to install a headliner from OGTS. It came with the main piece, 2 smaller pieces(I assume go down beside front window), 1 long skinny piece??? and 1 long wide piece??? these two I don't know where they go. Has anyone gotten one from here that can tell me?

Also I am missing one of the metal rods. Does anyone know of something I could replace it with? Another car with same type of rod??

Thanks,
Jennifer

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just finished installing the headliner, and after 9 hours of time into this project, I have to say it looks like Sh**.

I can't get out the puckers where the rods go. I laid the liner in the sun before hand and used lots of those binder clips, but there are still puckers.

Any suggestion? Does any one have a photo of how the liner is suppose to look?

Appreciate any help

Jennifer

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally.... the headliner is in, again

Just a few tips:

Let sit in sun to become more flexible and will tighten when gets cooler. (great tip from Gary, I believe)

Start in the front with headliner centered (OGTS headliner has the center marked)

Glue to the under part (where sunvisors attach to the car). Wrap around window opening and use binder clips to hold.

Snap rods into place, pull as hard as you can (at least for those with no upper body strength) and center in back, glue to under part and put on the binder clips.

Now work your way down the side by starting at the first section(inbetween the rods) and glue to edge of the roof of the car, pulling tight add clips. Go to other side pull all wrinkles out and do the same. Do this all the way down the sides of the car.

Let sit with clips (binder clips, need several boxes) and glue(used 3m spray)

I did mine differently before and it looked crappy. Tore it out and began again..Looks great

HTH
Jennifer

Also I did not glue to roof of car or padding. Maybe you should but mine turned out like crap before and now looks great. I did not know how it was before,so wasn't sure how to install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.