Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a heater control panel (that holds the slider selector arms in the dash panel) for a reasonable price?
My car has a black interior and I need to replace mine.

Thanks,
BDD

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
BDD said:
Does anybody have a heater control panel (that holds the slider selector arms in the dash panel) for a reasonable price?
My car has a black interior and I need to replace mine.

Thanks,
BDD
Your best bet would be to get a metal one from OGTS as every used one I have seen is either cracked or fatiqued to the point of cracking. Even though the one at Opel Source is kinda spendy- buy it first and never worry about it again. BTW- I have two choke cables mounted under my dash until I buy a metal one myself.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I agree with Tom: buy the OGTS metal panel and be done with it. I installed one of first ones in '96, and just being able to prevent my windows from fogging up on a rainy night without having to climb out, pop the hood and open the valve is well worth it.

As for the price, well, sorry Tom, but I have to disagree. $120? That's the price of a cheap set of shocks. Heck, I just spent twice that on a LUK clutch.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like I'm venting or picking on you, Tom, coz I'm really, really not. Most everyone agrees with you. I just don't get it. :)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
runagt2 said:

Sorry, don't mean to sound like I'm venting or picking on you, Tom, coz I'm really, really not. Most everyone agrees with you. I just don't get it. :)
I agree that $120 in the big picture isn't much money, especially since I just read that the adverage 45 year old is making in excess of $115 K per year. But as a 57 year old 8th grade Social Studies teacher, making $40 K per year, $120 bucks goes a long way. See- I can vent better than you!!
Contributions being taken to support my Opel addiction.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts