Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I noticed the lines going to my heater core started leaking coolant. Is this just a gasket replacement? And if so can I get some or do I have to make a gasket?
Thanks

·
Opel Key Master
5,200 Posts
I assume a GT, they are the same gasket as a 1.9 oil pickup tube. These are available through Opel GT Source. Easy fix, just wire wheel them and use some gasket sealer lightly

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. It's a GT. Now that I'm looking at it closer, it actually looks like the heater box has a tiny crack in the plastic. If I was to bypass it how would I do that? Just connect the two lines together? And if I did bypass it would I have to adjust the coolant level?

·
Opel Key Master
5,200 Posts
The heater core is not plastic, just the housing that it is in. Take the core out and have a radiator shop fix it. You can cap off the outlets to the water pump and thermostat, or connect the two hose ends and that will loop it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I decided to just bypass my heater core. When I took the hoses off, the upper one leaked out coolant which I expected. But when I took the lower one off it leaked out this weird black used oil looking stuff. Could it be that my core was clogged before and it’s really old bad coolant?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts