Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else seen blocked lines like this

anyone know what part # for a new thermostat.....my parts shop
said they had 3 listed..what degree

Attachments

·
Driver
987 Posts
I had mine blocked up as well with the mud/substance. Not sure exactly what it is. Maybe a PO had put stop leak in the radiator or something similar. I flushed out the heater core with a garden hose both ways real good and the problem has not reoccured.
HTH

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Morning, bucky. "LOOKS" like some old desolved rubber and other normal crap, the stuff that usually collects in heater coils and such. Also some leftovers from block cleanining. Did you do a block flush (everything hooked up) after your overhaul? I sometimes find loose stuff after a getting a block cleaned. Depends on how clean a shops vat is, length of time in and/or temp.

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
Opel GT Source sells all of the temperature ranges for the GT. Don't forget a new gasket.:)

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FOLLOW UP

TO wfs:A DREMEL WITH A WIRE BRUSH...FOR THE POLISH.THE VALVE SEEMED LIKE "A NICE PIECE OF BRASS". WHAT DO EXPECT FROM CELESTE?

tO OLD hIPPIE:WHAT IS AN OVERHAUL?MY ENGINE WAS PUT IN USED ABOUT 70,000 MILES AGO(BY THE MIDAS MUFFLER RECORD)

WHO KNOWS ....BUT THE STUFF WAS LIKE MUD AND IT WAS CAUSING THE VALVE TO STICK..IT WAS NOT NECESSARY TO BUY A NEW VALVE.:D

TO; hOUSERC....SINCE FIXING MY TURN SIGNALS... MY FAN NOW WORKS GREAT AND i NOW HAVE HEAT AND DEFROST..ALSO DISCOVERED MY CARB WAS LOOSE ON THE INTAKE..SHE IS RUNNING GREAT AGAIN:D

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Bucky,

Got your next project for you.

I just got done rewiring my headlights with Relays. 11.5 volts on the original wire. Now almost 13 volts to the headlights. And that's without the alternator.

They are "way" bright now.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can't wait to rewire

Houserc:I can't wait to see how your wiring works out...I want to
do driving lights and a fan on rear window.

PS:Monday night football..."the Raiders are going down.. my friends":D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
did anyone ever figure out if that honda accord (I think) heater valve works in the gt?

also Bills all the way!!!! GO BILLS!!

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Bucky,

Way to get the GT in there to keep this thread Opel related!

We need to see about another gathering and see if we can expand the participants this time.

Anybody up for it before the snow flies?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts