Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opeler
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

Ok... it seems like swapping heater from another car is a bad idea. So better just change inner parts of the original heater?
I wouldn't like to disassemble my car before I've got new parts to install at hand because GT is my only car and I need it almost every day. Does any good-hearted person happen to have GT heater removed from car so dimensions of blower and heater core could be measured fairly easily? It would be also to good know what size core can be fitted there as I've heard there is space for twice as thick core as the original one! In cold climates like here it will surely make a difference.
I need to know (at least) height and diameter of the blower and width, height and thickness of the heatexchanger itself.
Also all kind of pictures of the heater system removed from the car would be great! I've never removed it myself and have got only unclear drawn pictures.
Please help, it's getting cold in here! :)

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
Your best bet would be to buy a used one and get the correct dimentions that you are looking for, that way you can go and find the pieces yourself and you will know that they will fit, then after you rebuild that heater system you can install it all at once.

·
Opeler
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you're right, that would be the easiest way to do the heater upgrade. Too bad I'd have to order that another heater from Germany, sounds like an impossible idea to find a GT heater from this country. But well, if it seems like there's no other option I'll have to do that. At the moment I'd still like to believe I could buy parts from local junkyard and fit them into the car next weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts