Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
All you need is a Kadett
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First a hello to any that don't know me. I am an Opel owner in Eaton, OH (located near Dayton and Cincinnati).

Would like set up a 'gathering' of Opel enthusiasts in the area, sometime in the early fall. Nothing specific yet, but previously we meet at the Air Force Museum, Hueston Woods State Park and also in Oxford, OH.

Any ideas or preferences?

Would be good to hear from others in the area.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll be there whever it's at. The Air Force Museum and Hueston Woods State Park sound like good ideas, both would make a good weekend trip for me. It'll be nice to meet some fellow Opeler's from the southern Ohio area for the first time.

·
Opeler
719 Posts
Im in for a ohio opel Meet. Expecially near Cincinnati.

·
All you need is a Kadett
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When? I'll be in Hamilton from July 30 till August 2.....
Unfortunately I will be on vacation out west during that time. But that doesn't stop you guys setting something up. Someone just make the time and place and see who shows up. Between this web site and the Yahoo groups, there have been 5 people expressing an interest.

·
All you need is a Kadett
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to a Tom K. that attended Allen & Vickie's gathering this weekend. He is offering his place in Springfield for a get together probably in October.

Plans are for him to pick a date that is good for him, then we will see who shows up. Will keep everyone posted.

Alan

·
Kalifornia Kid
551 Posts
Of sourse if you all push the get together up one week, Sept 29th. you can go to the Opel National Meet in Springfield, IL
Dennis:yup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gathering

I am not a GT owner, but would like to be and would like to attend any gather that may occur. I am mainly writing to make a request. I fell in love with the GT when I was in high school. Years later I am to the point that I have the means to purchase one. However, I am now 6'6" and I am worried that I will not fit. What I would like to do is meet someone in the Cincinnati area that would be willing to take me for a short drive in their car. I do not want to drive, just ride. If anyone is willing please contact me at your leasure.
Thanks,
MArk

·
All you need is a Kadett
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
An Opel owner has volunteered his place to gather at.

October 13th
3442 S Tecumseh Rd
Springfield, OH

Probably starting at 11am

Anyone interested in Opels is welcome to come, with car or without.

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
October 13 Ohio Meet

Thomas and Amy drove up from Springfield to our Opel Meet in August. They have offered to host the October Opel Meet at their above listed home. Allen and I plan to drive down to attend rather than having another Ohio meet at the same time.

We hope others will plan to join us.

Vickie & Allen

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
Confirming Opel Meet for this Weekend

Thomas and Amy:

We are assuming the Opel get together is still on at your place this coming Saturday, October 13?
If so, we plan to get there around 11:00 a.m. I believe David Eyles (69whitegt) is also planning to attend. Also, what can we bring?

Remember, October is Opels Across American month. You are supposed to get together with other Opelers sometime during this month! So... come on, who else is going to join us?

Vickie & Allen

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
Bump

Just keeping this on the front page in case others have not seen it yet.

·
Opeler
719 Posts
Vickie,
Just picked up the clip this afternoon. It's on the trailer and ready to go. I got some strange looks on the way home this afternoon. :boggled: "What is that" :confused: :lmao:

·
Greenopelgt
350 Posts
Good job David

David,
I just talked to Nick and he said the clip slid on your trailer like butter on toast. I hope Allen and Vicki put it to good use. Sorry I can't make it to Tom K's in Springfield this Saturday (October 13th) because it is my Mom's
88th birthday. I am letting everyone new that I met at the Pumpkin Run know about the gathering. Enjoy, I'll be thinking of y'all.

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
Tom: We will miss you on Saturday! Wish your mom a Happy Birthday from the Opel Group!

David: I'm not surprised you got some looks. Many people can't figure out what a whole Opel is, much less half of one! :lmao:

We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Vickie & Allen

·
Greenopelgt
350 Posts
Vicki and Allen

Greetings:
I hope Allen's operation has turned out successfully and that he is ready for the big trip southwest on Saturday.
I also hope the chip turns out to be what Allen needs for his GT.

Have a GREAT Opel gathering to all.

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
Good Times!

We arrived at Thomas and Amy's around 11:00 AM on Saturday. We had a great time checking out their extensive Opel collection and talking cars. David arrived around 1:00 with our half an Opel. We trailered my little red GT down with us. Then we unloaded it and put the rear clip on the trailer. (I then drove the GT home and Allen drove the truck and trailer with the clip).

Amy had quite a spread of food and we stuffed ourselves silly. :)

We took a little drive in our Opels to check out some more of their Opels. We hit the road home a little early so we could stop by to visit my Uncle just north of Columbus. We ended up spending the night there and driving home this morning. We got home around 11:00 am

We had a great time meeting with our Opel friends and look forward to the next time.

Vickie & Allen

·
Opeler
719 Posts
Tom,

It was as follow's

Allan Gage
Vickie Gage
James ?? from the German Car show
Thomas & His wife
David Eyles (Me)

Very nice little get-togather. Great food and stories on a beautiful fall afternoon. Glad to hear Allan & Vickie you made it home ok with the clip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts