Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Opeler
499 Posts
Hey SW OH Opel guys. It has been a while since I've seen any of you but I'm now retired from the Air Force and live here in Bellbrook OH. I see I just missed a recent gathering and wish I had known about it! Anyway some of you may remember I'm the guy who built the first 3.1L V6 Opel roadster that I wrote three articles about roughly 8 years ago. Anyway I just posted this ad for my 73 Opel GT that I'm selling (4 is too many!).

"I have 4 Opel GTs and this one I picked up while stationed at Edwards AFB, CA. The body is near perfect with no rust anywhere except one small hole under a rear side marker light only because the light was missing when I found the car. This car has never been wrecked and only has minor door dings here and there. I bought this car hoping my son would take interest and restore some day. Never happened and I must thin the herd. All the mechanics are basically there but being a car from the desert there isn't really any interior as it has all dried and crumbled away. I have loads of spare parts also if one is interested. This is a serious candidate for restoration and deserves a good home! Please call me at 937-320-5894 for serious inquiries only. Price is $1200 firm please. Mike Pilkenton, Dayton OH. "

I wanted to be sure you OH GT fans knew I had this. Thanks.

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
Mike:

We remember both you and your car from Carlisle a few years back. Very nice job you did! We were down your way for the Opel meet, wish you could have made it. Maybe you can make the next one.

Vickie & Allen Gage

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Anyway some of you may remember I'm the guy who built the first 3.1L V6 Opel roadster that I wrote three articles about roughly 8 years ago.
Yes indeed, Mike. You are the reason, or rather the inspiration, for the engine tranny swap in my 72 GT. I didn't do it exactly as you did, but fairly close. I've got a 95 Camaro 3.4L and a 92 S-10 T-5 in my Willit? car. On the dyno, 2 weeks ago, I pulled 140.3 HP and 175 ft. lbs. of torque at 4400 RPM in 4th gear. Not too shabby for a stock 160 HP engine. Thanx again for the idea and inspiration.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,458 Posts
Welcome back Major Mike ;) (I think you had a promotion or three since we last spoke) We were wondering where you landed. Glad to hear that it is in the middle of a very active Opel Group!
Long time no hear..

We were just talking about you ( or at least your car ) at the National Meet in Springfield a few weeks ago..

Next year there is Carlisle and Charlotte is the National Meet too.. :)

Charles

·
Opeler
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks guys and I do remember many of you. Thomas and Brian came down from Springfield Sunday afternoon to look at the 73 GT for sale and I'm glad to report Brian is going to pick up this great project and do it justice. At least I get to visit her once in a while........don't I Brian? LOL

Yep, I did get a promotion to LtCol several years back and retired at the rank. Still working for the Air Force here at WP as a civilian now. Hey Charles, it's always good to hear from a good old friend like you. I still remember staying at your house one night back in VA. That was a while back!

·
Non Civilian
2,085 Posts
Hi Mike, Chris here from CA. Sure miss seeing you car at the NorCal/SoCal get togethers. Alot has changed since then. Great to see you back.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,458 Posts
Dont remind me ;)

Ben is driving now.. its been that long.. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts