Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Senior Contributor
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i was listening to the radio and it went calm. no sound was coming out. the cd player was working tho. and every time i turn on my head lights it turns on. help!!!! could it be the fuse in the back of the cd player burnt out???? and about the wiring how could i just get it to work when i turn the key????? please tell me its nothing serious!!!!!

· Senior Contributor
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cd player

ok, i took oldopelguys advice in putting in my cd player... he told me to hook up the yellow wire to the fourth fuse, red to any of the three on the farthest from the drivers side(right). black ground to something metal.(chassis).... well i did that.... it worked good for two days, until today....... i have the put the key in and turn it, then push the button to start thingy. well I leave my headlights up and when i turn the key all the way the lights come on and so does the cd player. when i filp the lights over the cd player stops working.... i was ok how it worked because I always keep my lights up. i would like to change it tho... every thing is hooked up for it to work how it was working..I checked atleast 50 times...:D well here is the story... i took out my seats from my 71 gt. i was putting in new carpet... my brother comes out to finaly get to here my cd player.. i turn it to a fm station... it was working really good.. then nothing all all would come out of the speakers... the cd player is hooked up with the antenna. i try a cd it doesnt make the sound. so then i looked at the hook ups, nothing wrong... (i think). could it be the fuse in the back of the cd player???? go here to see the (system) if it helps: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...oduct_id=2360957&path=0:3944:3947:96481:14632 . if you have any more questions, ask me because i can help you help me.:D

· Senior Contributor
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, ok, it was loud....

i dont have it to check it, but the cd player takes a 10a fuse so i think im gonna check it out tomorrow. i has to be something simple

· Senior Contributor
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think it has to be the fuse!!

i thought about it again and it cant be the fuse at the fuse block becuase the headlights would not work either. and the cd palyer ets power just not the speakers, i am pretty sure it is that fuse on the back of the cd player itself. if not i'll leave more posts tomorrow.

· Senior Contributor
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry about that

im sorry about that oldopelguy, i get what you are saying.... I still want to hook it up your way.... so if i put the red one on the left side will it work???? when i turn the key will it turn on????? or if not how will it? why did it work earlier but not now?

· Senior Contributor
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you, your truly a lifesaver

hey, well im going to do that first thing tomorrow. but one last question.... why did the speakers stop working, the cd player still worked???

· Senior Contributor
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the cd player works normal just no sound

it works normal just no sound. all the wires are conected. i really think it is the fuse on the back of the cd player, now that you mention it. it is a 10a fuse. well i hope it is anyways. it will take cds and give them back. i think it will work like an amplifier, if a fuse is burnt out on them no sound will go to the speakers or subwoofers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.