Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Which side do you need it for, or does it matter?

I have a spare front end in my basement and I am about to take off the passenger side lower A arm and use that piece. I wont need the drivers side so I can get that to you.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add... If I can get it off without destroying it. After all, thats why I need the other one. I destroyed it getting it off my car.

· Registered
2,731 Posts
It sounds like Nobody (Dave) has quite the abundance of parts available, and the only difference I can see from right to left would be that funny bracket on the front of the A-arm, I don't know what it's for, maybe a sway bar attachment, but I would try to keep left to left and right to right. Geometrically there probably is a difference I have not noticed, much less measured, and I've been cutting and welding on some right side ones to increase wheel camber...

498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thom,

I'd be interested in that piece. I don't think there is a left and a right.

I know what you mean about the destruction. One side came apart no problem, but the one in the picture was a real bear to get apart!

Thanks,

jtb

· Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
I soaked the bolts again with liquid wrench and tonight Ill attempt to put my spring compressor on it and take it apart without destroying it. Ill let you know how it goes.

498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! Thanks for all your help! This site is a great resource!

My local machine shop buddy says he can fix my existing one, but I'm a bit skeptical. We'll see if it turns out. If not I will definitely need a replacement.

Cheers,

jtb

498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, thanks for all the offers, but the machine shop guy fixed my existing one. For future information:

- cleaned up the surface, built it up with TIG weld
- stuck a socket-head cap screw in the bad end, mounted the good end in lathe chuck, live centre on cap screw, and turned to size.

While this worked well, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have access to the equipment, as opeljunkyard has a replacement one for $20 plus shipping (cheap!!), so it definitely wouldn't be worth it to pay a machine shop to do this.

Cheers,

jtb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.