Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just won an Opel Kadett on e-vil-bay in Kingman Arizona. I need the front fenders, the grill, and the nose sheet metal behind the grill off it.

In a shameless plea for help, is there anyone within driving distance of Kingman who is willing to drive down to get the car, strip the parts I need, ship them to me, and dispose of the carcus for a reasonable fee? I'll send you a tow bar if you don't have a trailer, so even a minivan could pull it home. (Or maybe a Manta, Calvin?) I'd rather give the $300 I would spend in gas or a plane ticket to someone here to spend a Saturday with a 10mm wrench and a Sawzall.

Alternatly, is there someone near there willing to store the car for a while, like unitl next spring, when I can get enough leave from the Navy to come out properly and get it. I have another Opeler out here on the east coast with an Opel in AZ that needs to be retrieved, and we could get both at the same time. He won't be back state-side until Feb or Mar, though, so that trip has to wait at least that long.

Thanks in advance everyone, and please feel free to e-mail me directly about this.

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
Hey!! I just saw this. I won't pull it with my manta but it looks like i will be pulling my manta with my toyota or my jeep i leave as soon as one (or the other) sells as it is far cheaper to pull the mnata than fly back and make a second trip if both the trucks don't sell.

I supose I could zip back down to kingman and get your kadet. I WILL have a space for it in LV to strip it down for you.. I have a special tow braket that fits a manta bumper mount that should work for the kadet too... I was going to buy a tow bar but if i could uses your I could send it back with the parts.

cna the kadet owner hold own till the middle of next week before I got it out of there?

I will be leaving hopefully either sometime wed through sun depending on the sale of something...call me.314 645-5776

I will stip it to the frame and store the parts you don't want sent right away.. I really think we need an "opel parts bank". anybody can have anything but they have to replace it with something in a reasonable amount of time. For example i have Manta window rubblers, chrome, springs, grills other brick brack that i would be willing to put up.

Calvin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.