Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead: I purchased a 1973 Opel Gt 1.9l w/ weber carb . One big issue I am having at the moment with a few mechanics is over to have a valve cover(plugged), no cover, or a hose to go " somewhere". ! First mechanic pulled cap off because he thought it shouldn't be there. Second mechanic said a hose should be there " going somewhere", but couldn't figure out where. Third try , mechanic plugged it with cap (as shown in picture) because he said it would or was spewing oil . I called opelsource and they said it should not be plugged it will cause leaks and engine can't breathe, and said a hose should go to the carb. But again the mechanics cannot figure out where it goes. I read on another thread that the solex had a spot for the hose, but could find no info about the weber. I bought this car for my son and it is his pride and joy. Unfortunately its been sitting for two months waiting for a solution, we are afraid to drive it and ruin it after a couple thousand in repairs all ready. I am by no means a mechanic unfortunately. HELP!!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.