Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an OMEGA2, 2,2DTH engine, y2001, 220.000Km and I have starting problems since last year. Sometimes ( rarely and with no apparent reason) the engine refuse to start by key. In these cases the only way to start is to pull the car with another one. I went to the service for 4 times. Once, last summer, they had changed some rings at the fuel injectors, this summer they had changed some pieces of rubber hoses on the return of the fuel from the injectors but the phenomenon is stiil present now and then.
The people in the service said that, for an unknown reason, the injection pump get some air instead of diesel...
Does anyone know what may be ???
Does anyone have an service manual for Omega 2 ? I want to buy one or even a xerox made copy . An electronic format ( pdf, word, txt....) book would be a miracle to me.
I thank in advance to all the people who will try to help !

·
Super Moderator
5,636 Posts
Moderators Note: Moved to the "Other Models" Forum, because we really don't know much about Opels newer than 1975, and virtually NOTHING about Opel diesels, as we never saw them on this side of the pond. This is a Forum for Opels built and imported into North America before 1976, although a few of our European and Australia/N.Z. members might be able to help you out. And the duplicate post has been deleted, as this practise is SEVERELY frowned upon by the Moderator Team. :eek:
Good luck.

·
boomerang opeler
5,622 Posts
hi there it sounds as if you have an air leak in the fuel line from the tank to injector pump
or hole in the pick up pipe in the tank , does this happen when the diesel gets below a point in the tank (say it only happened after you get down to 1/4 full on the tank) that would say to me you have a hole in the pick up

if not then jack the car up and put a stand under so you are safe then follow the fuel line from tank to pump and look for a damp patch , clean it and see if it looks split or holed (it will be very small to just pull air in )

i dont know the omega diesel well and cant remember but if it has a priming pump(a small push button on the diesel filter housing) you might have a split in the pump and need to change that

to get a manual try british or german e-bay whichever you are comfortable reading ,they pop up on them

hope this helps

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Diesels are FUN!

Sounds like the entire fuel system needs to be checked out to ensure that there are no air leaks into the suction side of the pump. Fuel filters need to be checked to make sure they are no clogged up and at 220,000 kms the injectors will surely need cleaning. Check the compression too - worn rings let the pressure leak away real fast and then the diesel will not ignite as it is the high compression that heats the air in the combustion chamber up enough to start the fuel burning. Also check out the cold start glow plugs - if they are fitted to this model.

Finding a manual in Europe is going to be lots easier than elsewhere - try eBay UK or Germany and see if anyone has a manual listed for sale.

Get friendly with a truck mechanic - they work on diesels all the time!

HTH

OOPS! Alsmost a "duplicate" post - eh? Baz :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts