Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Opeler
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, good news for the career may be bad news for my slow-in coming Opel project!!! Looks like the wife and I are going to be moving to Savannah Georgia, and at least initially, we will have no place for our project! Here's what I have:

'70 GT body - rust free, with molded in Stienmetz flares - 95% complete needs just a little more sanding and filler on the very bottom of the drivers side fenders where they meet the sheet metal. Even welded in sheetmetal to extend the inside of the fenders to the edge of the fiberglass flare - so the flare looks like it's stock. 1.5"x.095 DOM 6-point custom cage welded in- with extra care taken to ensure clearance around the steering wheel. This cage is so tight against the bodywork that with the exception of the cross braces and door bars, you wouldn't know it was there with an interior installed. Fuel filler relocated from center of deck to the c-pillar - viper style. patch welded into old fuel filler hole and filled in - looks perfect. Body has no parts attached to it except the doors.

Engine(s) 2 3.4L V6's from '94 Camaro's. One is a complete package, computer, security system, harnesses, exhaust, and AUTOMATIC tranny. Second motor has been completely gone through, head gaskets replaced, Crower perf. cam installed, cleaned from inside out, S10 4-speed tranny and new clutch / flywheel installed. all intake and fuel components installed, fiero exhaust manifolds to fit in opel bodywork.

fabricated subframe components to mount to V6's.

Afco racing radiator - need to notch frame just a little to fit it in.

Aluminum racing seats - 2 of 'em + pads

LSD from '88 Isuzu impulse with universal joint compatible with S10 drive shaft welded on.

All the stock components to the original Opel, except the motor and most of the interior, but all suspension, rearend, glass (including the pop-out back windows) etc.

Dash is rough, and was being bondoed and cut up to make into the master for a carbon fiber mold... just ran out of time.

Project even attracted the attention of Dennis Gage who came to check it out a few months ago.

Way too much other stuff to list - call me (812) 426-4577 day (812) 425-7352 eve or email [email protected] if you're interested in adopting my project.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
What happened to this project?

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
the key question here would be how much are you looking to get out of the car. seems like you have alot invested in it plus all the time spent on the car. i would hate to have to give up this project if it were mine.

·
7,517 Posts
Speaking of old projects just laying around.. anyone know what ever happened to this one..?

·
Sick with Opelitus
1,374 Posts
He has not been on for a some time.

Last Activity 10-30-2012

·
7,517 Posts
True.. but wondering what happened to the project.. the new owner maybe on

·
Registered
973 Posts
Georgia is where I want to go, they just signed into state law, EVERYONE has an open carry permit, no joke.
Here in Georgia, everyone have always been able to "carry open", but just not in some
locations. We were not allowed to open carry in government buildings, schools,
churches, sporting events, or bars.

The new bill the Governor signed Wednesday applies to open carry and concealed
carry, only with a valid concealed carry permit, the bill was mainly signed in to law
for the concealed carriers to be able to carry in more places.

Government buildings and schools are still "no carry" zones, open or concealed!

SteveGT

·
7,517 Posts
Especially sporting events. :bs2:
You sure about that..?

Specifically I am thinking NASCAR races.. the gene pool can run a bit thin at some of the races.. and its more a big Bar than a race event too :p

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
You sure about that..?

Specifically I am thinking NASCAR races.. the gene pool can run a bit thin at some of the races.. and its more a big Bar than a race event too :p
SOME of the drivers may be considered athletes but I'm not sure I'd classify NASCAR races as a sporting event. Tempers seem to flare up more on the track than off. :thinking: I could potentially see a few fans trying to take out the tires on their favorite's rival OR just to see a wreck. :sigh:

Harold

·
Über Genius
9,373 Posts
SOME of the drivers may be considered athletes but I'm not sure I'd classify NASCAR races as a sporting event. Tempers seem to flare up more on the track than off. :thinking: I could potentially see a few fans trying to take out the tires on their favorite's rival OR just to see a wreck. :sigh:

Harold
Nascar drivers are mental athletes. Sure you have to sit in a car and take left turns for a couple hours, which would be difficult for a rank amateur. The hard part is doing it at 200mph in rush hour traffic where NOBODY uses turn signals.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,404 Posts
Government buildings and schools are still "no carry" zones, open or concealed!
SteveGT
Untrue.
"Another provision of the new law allows firearms into any government building that is open for business and doesn't have security personnel restricting access or screening visitors."

What does Gene have to do with a pool? :party:

Dieter

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
Untrue.
"Another provision of the new law allows firearms into any government building that is open for business and doesn't have security personnel restricting access or screening visitors."

What does Gene have to do with a pool? :party:

Dieter
Steve knew about the government building exceptions you mentioned, it just takes him forever to put it into words and by the time he has someone check his spelling it was just too much effort for him to type. :)

'Gene' Pool? :lmao:

Harold

·
7,517 Posts
Steve knew about the government building exceptions you mentioned, it just takes him forever to put it into words and by the time he has someone check his spelling it was just too much effort for him to type. :)

'Gene' Pool? :lmao:

Harold
:haha:

·
7,517 Posts
BTW what does all this have to do with where this project ended up at.. (An attempt to re-hijack the thread)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts