Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bo Know's '69's
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have a picture of a Weber on a '71 GT? Can anyone tell me where the hoses go on a Weber 32/36 on a '71 motor. I have a vaccum line on the bottom of the carb and a vaccum line next to the fuel inlet. Also have 2 open holes on the side of the valve cover. And a place for a hose on the air filter housing. I got the car this way and don't have any hoses.

Thanks Bo

·
Registered
28 Posts
I could use some help in this area, too. I know the larger hole on the valve cover should be connected to the inside of the air cleaner.

·
Bo Know's '69's
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what i just went through with a weber is that the small hole on the valve cover goes to the bottom tube of the intake just under the carb on the intake. (the top one goes to the brake booster). I found also the post i found in the search area didn't exactly go like mine was set up. The advance vaccum hose goes to the right small tube on the base of the carb, the left small tube is blocked off, the retard vaccum goes on the same connection as the brake booster. The small nipple on top of the intake is blocked off. I do not have a charcoal canister so i guess some of these blocked off hoses may go there. For anyone that knows, do i have to have a canister? HTH

·
Opeler
89 Posts
More hose questions

My 70 with a webber carb is missing the large hose from the valve cover (the hole is currently plugged)... I assume (always a bad idea) that it connects to the hole on the bottom air filter housing. I assume the end connected to the valve cover needs a 1/2" NPT connector (as specified in other threads).. but what do you need to hook it up on the webber end ? also what is a good source for this hose ?

·
Bo Know's '69's
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hose does go to the bottom of the air cleaner. Your local auto store should have the hose. I just pushed the end of the hose into the valve cover hole. It's tight enough to where it should not come loose. There is not that much air flow. HTH

Bo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts